theP120dUdE appreciation thread

Old Mikey

• Members

Let's face it--the kid has brass balls. You gotta admire him for that.

No matter how many times people tell him he needs to change his moniker or ask his age, he just ignores their jealous whining and their petty, mean-spirited opinions and soars above the fray, secure in his selfhood, which is more than you can say for some of his detractors! :D

And this forum would be a more boring place without him. Let's face it, we are richer for his being here. ;)

So here's to you, P120dUde!! We love ya, you hard-headed so-and-so!!

Oh, and thanks for all your posts about digital pianos. I have made my decision, and you have played a small part in the process...

:eek:

I will be buying a Kurzweil PC2!! :D :D :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by D'Traveler

Hopefully, those accursed thread hijackers won't get ahold of this one too. Damn their eyes.
;)

:)

That's what I'm hoping too. There are plenty of threads where people can rag on the dUdE if they want... this is, hopefully, a thread where people can say nice things...

If they can think of any... :eek:

• Members

Yes, I am indeed a jealous whiner. I, too, dream of one day having both a guitar, vocal, and drum department right next to my trusted P120 with sympathetic resonance engine (which is not a MIDI filter, mind you) in the keyboard department.

Yes, I do indeed aspire to be like the dude. In pursuit of this lofty goal, I will now move back in with my parents and place my head firmly in my ass...

:D

How's that for gentle reaming?

• Members

As if you weren't practically inviting it.

:mad::D

You must realize that by posting a thread directly reference the dUdE, you're essentially creating one more thread that will rain derision, scorn, and mockery.

Congratulations!

• Members

appreciation.gif

dammit

I write my ass off to get some nice music, include Db13b9 chords

and I don't get an appreciation thread.

:mad:

I will ask my nice girlfriend for some appreciation then

:cool:

• Members

This is an appreciation thread. Not a "let's hijack this thread and annoy more members, even though it is off the subject of the thread". If you want to talk bad about me, then do it elswhere on the "p120dUdE" thread, which I am ignoring.

Hmm... lemme see....

Nope, no OT tag.

BTW, there are several other threads between this and the other p120 thread that are both informative and topical. Also, those same threads are neither annoying nor populated with certain members ignorant and misleading bias. Not that I'm singling anyone out, here.

• Members

Originally posted by jigg

As if you weren't practically inviting it.

:mad::D
You
must
realize that by posting a thread directly reference the dUdE, you're essentially creating one more thread that will rain derision, scorn, and mockery.

Congratulations!

i was hoping for better... :(

• Members

Then don't mention p120. It's like bringing up homosexual marriage bill in congress: people are either going to start shouting at each other or leave the room.

Why not bring it up? Just because there are some members who try and hijack every thread, doesn't mean they have to ruin it for all of us. I say that this thread stays, and that we (the people who care) ignore the stupid comments made by some members.

• Members

Db13b9 chords... that's ehh... C#,(E#),(G#),B,D,(F#),A#.

Do you have to play those with a single hand? And ehm.. this shows I have to study this kind of thing more. Ah, having just a piano at your disposal forces your thoughts off EQ'ing, filters, modulation and stuff like that...

• Members

Correction: by the p120, I mean you, dUdE, not the board. People here have no problem discussing the board peacefully and without malice, provided you don't come traipsing in with your "opinion" and start going off on everyone else about how their "opinion" is wrong.

An appreciation thread essentially celebrating an incorrect POV is annoying, to say the least.

• Members

Correction: by the p120, I mean you, dUdE, not the board. People here have no problem discussing the board peacefully and without malice, provided you don't come traipsing in with your "opinion" and start going off on everyone else about how their "opinion" is wrong.

An appreciation thread essentially celebrating an incorrect POV is annoying, to say the least.

No, you are wrong. Most of the members here are just weird. They will not lay off of a subject that is old, and has always been old. I have my own opinion. I can think that you are wrong, and can think your opinion is weird. You don't have to start a whole million different threads about me, because of my opinion, which is what you have done.

So, I will state my opinion whenever I want, deal with it.

Jigg, you are nothing but a wacked jerk.

• Members

Damn, J you're on a roll. :D

• Members

:o we're celebrating the person, not the POV :o

If you find it annoying, you don't have to participate in the thread, you know...

or even look at it...

• Members

It just pisses me off. He's in here whining that everyone else on this forum is wierd because we're laughing our asses off at his (to be kind) eccentricities.

Any other person (myself included, because I've had it happen to me before) would just admit their mistake, get over themselves, and laugh along.

But, here we are again...

Please, someone discuss alcohol or bongs or big asian chicks or something, this thread needs some serious levity.

The Airwolf pic was a start.

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

No, you are wrong. Most of the members here are just weird.

Everyone is weird; all that varies is the degree and the point of view.

They will not lay off of a subject that is old, and has always been old.

It's been going on for... ehm, a week or 3 or so?

I have my own opinion.

To which you are entitled; but make sure it's -informed- to give it any validity.

I can think that you are wrong, and can think your opinion is weird.

Wrong in what? Your string-resonance stuff? No, -you- were wrong there, and couldn't accept that you were.

You don't have to start a whole million different threads about me, because of my opinion, which is what you have done.

What you've been showing is that you have no problem repeating your own made-up lies about the string resonance; that you're reluctant to give up that little fantasy. However, since I haven't followed all of this, you might point me towards a thread that shows you saying "looks like I was wrong about the string resonance, sorry".

So, I will state my opinion whenever I want, deal with it.

If this is still about the string resonance, calling yourself Yamaha Piano Expert misleads future buyers, lying about the specifications might turn people away from the P120, and all you achieve is that you make a complete asshole of yourself on various forums. You won't receive a free extra P120 from Yamaha and they won't love you for it either.

That's why the "informed" is required, and that's why the word "opinion" is not a Get Out Of Jail For Free card.

• Members

we're celebrating the person, not the POV

If you find it annoying, you don't have to participate in the thread, you know...

or even look at it...

The fact the this thread even exists is an annoyance.

To celebrate the person essentially is to celebrate the idea... especially in this case.

Archived