theP120dUdE appreciation thread

Old Mikey

• Members
Originally posted by p120dUdE

I too, are hoping that there are more members that have nice things to say about me and appreciate me and my posts.

I thought you left for good? Again? And now you're back? Again?!? Make up your f***ing mind!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

for yoozer:

a Db-13-chord can be played as Bmaj7/Db (so, drop 2 semitones, play major 7th over original bass tone)

Db13b9 is then Bmaj7/Db with the 3rd dropped a semitone (quasi: Bm_maj7, a minor/major chord). Sounds very deep and intelligent. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Jimmyzegg

I thought you left for good? Again? And now you're back? Again?!? Make up your f***ing mind!

:rolleyes:

yeah, have you noticed how words like "for good", "forever" and "old" take on whole new meanings in dUdE slang?!
when you're 8 years old, you have a different concept of time i guess...

• Members

I too, are hoping that there are more members that have nice things to say about me and appreciate me and my posts.

Well, I admire your tenacity, anyways... I have nothing against you, although i think your opinion and facts may not always be as concrete as you think. Read Hesienberg and Kant for a few explanations why nothing in life can be such a sure thing.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

Well, I admire your tenacity, anyways... I have nothing against you, although i think your opinion and facts may not always be as concrete as you think. Read Hesienberg and Kant for a few explanations why nothing in life can be such a sure thing.

Are we talking Werner Karl Heisenberg, originator of the now-famous 'uncertainty principle' that bears his name?

Well, I had thought a while back about posting my theory regarding the Chandrasekhar limit and the P120dUdE thread...

-Sheryl

• Members
Originally posted by Roald

for yoozer:

a Db-13-chord can be played as Bmaj7/Db (so, drop 2 semitones, play major 7th over original bass tone)

Db13b9 is then Bmaj7/Db with the 3rd dropped a semitone (quasi: Bm_maj7, a minor/major chord). Sounds very deep and intelligent.
:D

Usually when I play a 13th I drop the 11th. To make a 1 hand voicing of a Db13b9, I'd use F (3rd) Bb (13th) B (7th) D (b9th), then hit the root on the bottom. Or spread it out with Db/B/D/F/Bb.

My favorite voicing of a 13th is 7th/9th/3rd/13th, so Db13 would be B/Eb/F/Bb in the right. You can also do a real close cluster chord version by playing it Bb/B/Eb/F. Another cool voicing is F/Bb/B/Eb. Use the root on the left hand on all of those voicings or let the bass player cover it like I do :)

• Members

Well, I'm using some of the art you inspired as wallpaper. You inspired genius.

So, you can think of yourself in the same way as whoever posed for the Mona Lisa.

I suspect her name was Mona Lisa.

And you've made Pathetic Resonance a household expression.At least around here, anyway, now my girlfriend thinks I've started drinking again.

And I was in a music store the other day ( or was it K-Mart??), saw a p120 and started laughing.

And ,think of all the space being wasted on the HC servers holding either your utterances or the massive threads you've inspired. All that space that cant be holding OJ copy/paste rant-fests,"Triton sucks" threads, and whatever they grunt about over at the Drum Forum.

A waste of space?

Or Fair And Balanced ?

You decide.

• Members

Boys BOYS!!!!

I cannot believe that the lot of you have gone and started yet ANOTHER thread about the p120dUde!!

How could you even consider doing such a thing?? In light of all that you have learned your behavior is shameful.

SHAMEFUL!!!!

This is america for gods sake!! We don't go around creating nonsensical threads just for mere amusement.

I don't CARE if there is a reference or two about PatHetiC ReSonaNce!!
Thats not what counts!

What COUNTS is that we stick together. ALL of us. As one big happy family here at KSS! THAT is what America is all about!

Look at the opener of this thread. A kind and unselfish person came forth to post something positive about our bestest buddy, and big toe, the dUde. What can be so wrong in that?

So I now say to you! Stand up and be counted and give our big toe the reSpeCt he deserves! Its HIS time now.

Godspeed!

• Members

for yoozer:

Not really, that would be a Db13 sus, better written as Db7 sus. It's the fifth mode of Gb major.

for yoozer:

Db13b9 is then Bmaj7/Db with the 3rd dropped a semitone (quasi: Bm_maj7, a minor/major chord). Sounds very deep and intelligent.
:D

Not really, that would be a Db13 sus b9, better written as Db7 sus b9. It's the second mode of Bb melodic minor.

• Members

*cricket cricket*

Bueller? Anyone?

Didn't think so.

• Members
Originally posted by Smokin-Man

This is america for gods sake!! We don't go around creating nonsensical threads just for mere amusement.

I don't CARE if there is a reference or two about PatHetiC ReSonaNce!!

Thats not what counts!

What COUNTS is that we stick together. ALL of us. As one big happy family here at KSS! THAT is what America is all about!

I'm exempt. :D

Archived