FS/FT MTD Fiver! HANDMADE MTD!

engage757

• Members

This is a Five-String MTD Grendel 5 string. Actives Bartolini Electronics. Handmade in the Chezch Republic. It has a couple dings as shown, nothing major. Has had a ding filled in the neck. Pics do it no justice whatsoever. Very thin, fast neck. These are not being made anymore! Not too many around anymore, especially not in this color! Upgraded with Hipshot Ultra-lite Tuners This bass rips! Trade for bass gear only, mostly basses. Trade value: around $900 O.B.G. make me an offer, worst I can say is no. ;)

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

Thanks,

Zack

• Members

Hey thanks brother!

Just the strap button actually.

The Grendels came stock with Bartolini pickups and preamp.

Bartolini NTMB Preamp to be precise.

Thanks for your interest!

They came with Barts, but not soapbars, and not with whatever three-band EQ circuit is in your bass, which is not an NTMB. Look here:

http://www.weblabonline.com/bass/mtd2.jpg

Those are nice add-ons, but it looks to me like the bass has been routed out and otherwise heavily modified. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Members

Sure did, although no one would doubt that I got a great deal. not that it is any of your business, but she is mostly for trade. not for me. The neck is finished(which I despise), and that gums up in my sweaty hands under lights. I have plenty of other basses to play, including plenty of MTD's (OBVIOUSLY, AS I HAVE TWO OTHER LISTED FOR SALE IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM). This is an awesome bass, but not for me. I would prefer another Stingray or possibly the right Precision re-issue. I am a Leo design guy, so G&L's, Fenders, Musicman, etc have my attention.

Thanks for all your input. I can put any trade value I wish on MY instruments.

Oh, and thanks for the awesome software! my whole band currently uses it!

• Members

It would seem you paid $550 (+$20 shipping) for this bass last week on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180453837956

!Bi-8ZRw!mk~$(KGrHqMH-CsEs-Gy7hmoBLRlir6

AHHH! BUSTED! Too bad you decided to be sleazy about it...I would have bought it, but not for $900, which is a ridiculous price.

EDIT: Gar-fish, is that you?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=180453837956&aid=i***k&eu=OU88KAo0aY8CBSeCEs2Ob%2F3X44M3nNaw&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

• Members

no one was trying to be sleazy about it.

It is my property. and I am free to do with as I please. no one is forcing you to buy it at any price.

Also, before people start acting ridiculous, maybe you should examine what happens every time you buy something from a store. in fact, maybe I own a store. Does anyone go into a pawn shop and tell them what they paid for something? nope. because it is not your business. or anyone else's. buy it if you want it, take your opinion away otherwise. business is business. and if you have never made a profit off of an instrument you have sold, then you are not a good businessman. every business in this country is based off of those principles, every single one. it is called capitalism, you might want to get used to it.

Not to mention, she is already traded, so someone thought the price was just fine. And to someone who really wants the instrument, a serviceman overseas nonetheless. Grow up people. Every time you go into a guitar center you buy something at a markup, welcome to the real world.

• Members

I didn't get caught, I could care less. welcome to America bud. This is how business works. but enjoy giving your instruments away if you like!

Or maybe try opening a business of any kind. That should give ya a new view on how the real world is.

And also, while you are at it, track down everyone selling a vintage Fender, because those basses were under $500 new. :)

And they simply are wrong for profiting. :) NO PROFIT HERE!

nice try.

• Members

I mean you seem to like bitching about people's prices along with one other person. I am done.

If you are ever in the Daytona area, come to all the bass shops. ask for tripper. they all know me.

they will hook you up. when you get to the right one. but you might not get to name your price. ;)

NOT TO MENTION! dude had this listed buy it now for $900, and he contacted me when the reserve wasn't met. and all I had was what I paid for it, and he needed the cash so yes, I got a steal. After working a deal. thanks for all the opinions from everyone that buys from music stores for well over what these guitars are worth.

So, keep the opinions to yourselves. Thanks!

• Members

TRADED!

But one final note...

If you think I should;

Buy the bass.

Fix it up woodwork, electronics etc.

Have it leveled and re-setup.

Re-strung with roto-sounds and a new $10 battery.

New tuners installed.

And sell it to you for less than I bought it.

Then sir(s), you would be delirious.

• Members

Don't be bitches people. {censored}ing rude to barge into someone's for sale thread and prevent a potential sale.

Just like those asswipes on Craigslist.

I've flipped gear plenty of times.

Just because I got a great deal on a piece of gear, doesn't mean I can't automatically request fair price for it.

He and his dad are gear whores.....maybe his dad bought it, and now he's selling it for him?

• Members

the kingstons aren't near the same level of a czeck grendel, and the kingston are 400 dollar basses.

Word bro. And the new owner got this one today, and actually showed me his Kingstons, and he absolutely loved it. I was glad that he did.

Archived