Mac OSX question...

wheresgrant3

• Members

Originally posted by isosceles

nuff said

apples are teh suk

(mac killed my inner child)

lol whatever.

As an owner of a PC and a Mac, I can tell you I will never again use a PC for music unless there is something I just have to have that is not Mac supported. My PC = game machine.

The gripes in that video are outdated gripes about an outdated OS. That would be like if I started griping about Windows 98 and the plethora of problems that one had. Mac OSX blows away anything else out there, hands down. I have to settle for XP cuz there is nothing better for gaming.

• Members

Originally posted by isosceles

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/media/bitch.mpg

nuff said

apples are teh suk

(mac killed my inner child)

Oh mY GoD!:eek:

This is my LIFE!!!!! The funny thing is... when it came time for PC upgrades this summer my company gave me a choice of an iBook or an IBM Stinkpad. I thought (working in tech publishing sales) it would be trendy to choose the Mac... especially since we publish some of the best books on Mac OS and I already own 4 PC's ! I was looking forward to learn Panther like I was going to learn French, Latin or Spanish. Instead I am a prisoner of a foriegn operating system and my productivity is in the toilet. I have almost asked IT if I could turn this in for the IBM (I recently found out that some one in finance did the same thing) but I am determined to overcome and CONQUER.

...well, OK, I'd settle for a "I'm getting the hang of this" stage. Maybe I should read a book. :D

isosceles... that was the best response EVER!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by flukewurm

most
text you view will be black on white. its just a night mode to make everything easier on the eyes when youre in the dark and arent in the mood for a bright screen.

thats all really.

... and it's also for disabled people. :D

Forever,

Kim.

• Members

Originally posted by flukewurm

most
text you view will be black on white. its just a night mode to make everything easier on the eyes when youre in the dark and arent in the mood for a bright screen.

thats all really.

Thanks... I actually used it on the train yesterday... so I could read info on a spreadsheet easier.

We should come up with a list of Mac shortcuts!!!

• Members

my favorite is apple + tab.. then hit tab again and again to go through programs.. and if i want to quit i just hit apple + Q while the program i want to quit is highlighted in the apple + tab popup...

easy way to quit all the appz you have open. just apple + tab + Q + Q + Q... etc..

i know windows has something similar.. but the apple + Q is what really gets my goat.. :)

• Members

Nice article. I'm surprised he didn't mention all the extra apps Macs come with though, like iMovie, iDVD, GarageBand, iPhoto, etc.

Oh, and my favorite thing about the Command-Tab feature is that if you select certain files/images within certain apps and quickly select a different app with Command-Tab, you can drag it somewhere else. Sweet.

• Members

Originally posted by audacity works

Nice article. I'm surprised he didn't mention all the extra apps Macs come with though, like iMovie, iDVD, GarageBand, iPhoto, etc.

Oh, and my favorite thing about the Command-Tab feature is that if you select certain files/images within certain apps and quickly select a different app with Command-Tab, you can drag it somewhere else. Sweet.

Command-Tab? What kind of Mac user needs command-tab? You can drag and drop images/text/files using Expos

Archived