Anyone gig with w/ Marshall 1936 and Genz Benz GL 2x12

wheresgrant3

• Members

I just bought a used GL 2x12 cab (have yet to pick it up) for my XXX to replace my Marshall 1936 cab. But on second thought I may keep the Marshall and gig out with the stack combo. Has anyone giged with this combo before? How does it sound. Does the GT-75's compliment the Eminence speakers or should I just scrap it and sell the Marshall.

Also, I though I read somewhere that the Genz Benz and Marshall cabs do not match up ohms !?!?! I currently play my XXX in 8ohm mono with the Marshall. Will I be able to daisy chain both cabs together?

• Members

With the G-Flex in 16 ohm mono mode and the 8 ohm Marshall cabinet, the levels will be pretty closely matched since the G-flex is about 3dB more efficient so running in 16 ohm reduces senitivity to match better.

Now your impedance with the paralleled cabinets will be roughly 6 ohms nominal, so try both the 8 and 4 ohm taps to see which you prefer.

"Exact" matching is not a critical issue since speaker impedance varies tremendously from the "nominal" value. For example, a nominal 8 ohm cabinet will vary from about 5.5 ohms up to about 30 ohms depending on frequency.

Hope this helps.

Andy Field

Product Development Engineer

Genz Benz

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

Thanks Andy.

Looks like I posted this in the wrong forum.
:o

Begone with thee - foul player of stringed instruments... !? ha ha

Just kidding of course, Grant - you have proven to be worthy of the KSS forum despite your 6-string background... :D

In fact, many here are multi-instrumentalists I believe. I played bass for some years while learning the club-date scene on my dad's gigs ("club-date" is what they used to call weddings/banquets/private parties here in NJ) - it gave me something to do instead of hanging around, waiting for the band to take a break so I could play some solo stuff. I also play guitar - enough to strum + accompany myself while singing...

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Begone with thee - foul player of stringed instruments... !? ha ha

Just kidding of course, Grant - you have proven to be worthy of the KSS forum despite your 6-string background...
:D

Funny, I am actually a keyboard player too, but my day job is slumming with those pesky stringed instument players! ;)

Archived