1977 Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst OHSC F/S

thefishingline

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have to say it's worth what ever someone is willing to pay, but for me it's a tad high priced. Norlan or not if it'a good guitar it's a good guitar, and the value is more subject to the buyer than the sellers asking price. I wish I had a Norlan or any other LP that felt good in my hands. Infact I have an offer to trade my '62 RI for a LP even a good studio would do, not that I don't like Strats, but to the contrary I have a few of them but would like a LP for my jazzier stuff and not much cash to buy a expensive LP. I've seen LP's going for $800 to $3000 so there must be one in my future. Good luck selling yours.

• Members

dont worry dude the youngins wouldnt and dont understand the why the price is like it is.... they'd rather buy an epiphone lp for $3000. because one of their fav artists plays it... laffin. dont give up and u will sell it for your askin price and maybe then some!

• Members

A lot of the older Gibson Les Pauls Appreciate in value, especially if they haven't been bastardized.

I had an original 1982 custom shop Les Paul Standard in honey burst finish, it was all original with open coil zebras, what made it so special was the ebony fretboard and flamed maple neck

that thing sold for $1,800 10 years ago, {censored} I wish I had it now.

• Members

norlin? orville? wtf?? how bout gibson les paul!?!? hehehe... it looks sweet like the one i had, and worth every penny you're askin, these young bucks wish they had something as sweet as yesterdays technology... so what do u have a whole closet of old gibsons? everytime i see u post i know i'm gonna flash back to the good ole days ... when the copys were made by bradley hehe.. hey rally whats up! *laffs

• Members

The 70's Les Pauls were different, you had the ones with the sandwhich bodies, then you had the ones with the maple necks, it happened

I think Norlin is the sandwich ones?,

Basically the mahogany part of the body was two pieces, stacked on top of one another "LAMINATED" with a thin layer of walnut about 1/8th thick, then the maple top was glued on.

these monsters were heavy.

then the maple necks ones started to surface around the mid 70's and continued up until the mid 80's.

old les pauls hold their value, just like stratocasters, but the pauls usually bring a higher dollar.

JohnnyX: seeing the hecklers in here make me laugh at times, they really need to go to the vintage guitar magazine website, look at the ads and the prices, then go to a guitar show preferably one of the Texas Guitar shows,

real world prices , sure I would love to get one for next to nothing, but that is friggin rare.

not all of us have a $1,000 to shell out for a used one, so a lot of us settle for a copy, but not all copies come close to a Gibson, the only ones I have seen so far is Heritage (DUH) and Edwards.

oh well LOL

take care

George

• Members

norlin? orville? wtf?? how bout gibson les paul!?!? hehehe... it looks sweet like the one i had, and worth every penny you're askin, these young bucks wish they had something as sweet as yesterdays technology... so what do u have a whole closet of old gibsons? everytime i see u post i know i'm gonna flash back to the good ole days ... when the copys were made by bradley hehe.. hey rally whats up! *laffs

I went crazy collecting over the last 3 years...now I bought a 52 and have to move a few of these babes to afford it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

If you dont like his prices keep your fingers on the mouse and off the the keyboard people think guitars made in Tn are as good as the ones made in MI one day they will figure it out

They cant handle that their 3000 dollar gibson they purchased 3 days ago is not worth as much as one made before 1985

• Members

If you dont like his prices keep your fingers on the mouse and off the the keyboard people think guitars made in Tn are as good as the ones made in MI one day they will figure it out

They cant handle that their 3000 dollar gibson they purchased 3 days ago is not worth as much as one made before 1985

Ditto. I don't think it is good form to publicy reef this price. I don't think its too bad given what the 70's LP will be worth if you sit on it for 10 years. If you don't want to buy it, dont bid. PM if you feel he is so far off.

• Members

Good point...all my LP's are MI guitars and built prior to 77'..perfect example I just put a 72' Tobacco deluxe on e bay and it never broke $1,700...either people have no money, don't realize a good deal when they see it, or think as you said...their $3k 2005 LP is the monster guitar tey ahev read about from years past.....just can't figure it out

• Members

I work in a music store that's an authorized Gibson repair center, have owned over a dozen Les Pauls, and after consulting both The Blue Book of Guitars and The Vintage Guide...it woud seem that it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about. Good luck selling it though. There are enough people out there that seem to think the Norlin era Gibsons are actually worth something. That said, I prefer the late 70's Les Pauls with maple necks over LP's with mahogany necks...but just because I like them doesn't mean they're in the same catagory as other vintage Gibsons.

You really don't know what you're talking about...thanks any way

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I work in a music store that's an authorized Gibson repair center, have owned over a dozen Les Pauls, and after consulting both The Blue Book of Guitars and The Vintage Guide...it woud seem that it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about. Good luck selling it though. There are enough people out there that seem to think the Norlin era Gibsons are actually worth something. That said, I prefer the late 70's Les Pauls with maple necks over LP's with mahogany necks...but just because I like them doesn't mean they're in the same catagory as other vintage Gibsons.

Just the fact you would take a maple neck late 70's over a mahogany early 70's lends me to believe my original statement is true

Archived