A new CASIO MT-600 page

Sealed

• Members

I love old Casios.

I have a MT-400V (with the analog resonant filter and creamy chorus). It makes incredible pads- no other synth I own can do what this one does.

Also have an MT-68. I love to add a little bit of cheese from these keyboards for little break with my new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had a MT400v which someone was dumb enough to buy off of me for almost $100. I almost threw it away it was so bad, I felt guilty for actually selling it to someone. It's an awful excuse for a synth, it's an awful excuse for a children's toy. The only useful sounds out of it are when the filter envelope is almost closed, that way you can't hear much of the sound. The effects are beyond awful and to say that it even makes pads is silly. The drums are as bad as you can imagine drums being.

Even something as lowly as the original darkstar is 1000 times better sounding. No matter how you cut it the MT400v is a bad value and something best forgotten. Calling it an analog subtractive is like calling a Kia an exotic sports car.

There are a few decent casios out there, the MT400v isn't one of them.

• Members

Originally posted by Umbra

I had a MT400v which someone was dumb enough to buy off of me for almost $100. I almost threw it away it was so bad, I felt guilty for actually selling it to someone. It's an awful excuse for a synth, it's an awful excuse for a children's toy. The only useful sounds out of it are when the filter envelope is almost closed, that way you can't hear much of the sound. The effects are beyond awful and to say that it even makes pads is silly. The drums are as bad as you can imagine drums being.

Even something as lowly as the original darkstar is 1000 times better sounding. No matter how you cut it the MT400v is a bad value and something best forgotten. Calling it an analog subtractive is like calling a Kia an exotic sports car.

There are a few decent casios out there, the MT400v isn't one of them.

wow dude. way to rain on someone's parade man... :rolleyes:

• Members

had a MT400v which someone was dumb enough to buy off of me for almost $100. I almost threw it away it was so bad, I felt guilty for actually selling it to someone. It's an awful excuse for a synth, it's an awful excuse for a children's toy. The only useful sounds out of it are when the filter envelope is almost closed, that way you can't hear much of the sound. The effects are beyond awful and to say that it even makes pads is silly. The drums are as bad as you can imagine drums being.

The MT-400V is a circa 1985 synth. I bought mine on ebay for $25. It is absolutely great for what it is. you can make great music with this for fill-in organs or pads on the occasional tune. It is NOT a Motif ES.

• Members

The MT-400V is a circa 1985 synth. I bought mine on ebay for $25. It is absolutely great for what it is. you can make great music with this for fill-in organs or pads on the occasional tune. It is NOT a Motif ES.

I know exactly what it is, it's awful. I wouldn't compare it to even an entry level casio of today much less a motif ES. Like I said you would have extreme difficulty finding anything current that's worse. I think maybe a Barney keyboard for kids might be worse, maybe, but even that's a close call.

It's nothing like an MT600, MT600 sounds a billion times better.

I have a MT-400V (with the analog resonant filter and creamy chorus). It makes incredible pads- no other synth I own can do what this one does.

Your right about 1 thing there, no other synth can do what an MT400v does. It's that bad! To say you can make incredible pads is just rediculous, that's like saying it's tango drum pattern is radio ready. Maybe the fill-in feature is going to make it's way onto the OASYS. :p Wavestation makes incredible pads, v-synth makes incredible pads, mt400v can't even really make a pad unless you consider a bad harp sound with a slow filter attack and chorus a pad. :rolleyes: An ER-1 makes better pads than an mt400v. Calling the filter analog resonant is a bit of a stretch, a big bit of a stretch.

It's soooo good they badge it with the word "stereo".:p

Calling it an analog subtractive is really like calling a kia an exotic sports car.

Honestly saying a casio mt400v is good for anything other than compacting your garbage when you don't want to touch it with your hands is why buying thing off of user reviews is sooo foolish.

• Members

DUUUDE!

If the man can make the thing work musically, i'd say it's a relevant instrument. Maybe not for everyone's needs, but damn, the man likes his MT400v.

I like my Farfisa that i purchased from STG for 60$. The bass keys don't work, it crackles and hums, and generally sounds pretty awful but i think it's the {censored} because it works for my music.

And some of the more experimental radio stations in california play Casiocore, so perhaps that tango drum pattern IS in fact radio-ready. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Umbra

I know exactly what it is, it's awful. I wouldn't compare it to even an entry level casio of today much less a motif ES. Like I said you would have extreme difficulty finding anything current that's worse. I think maybe a Barney keyboard for kids might be worse, maybe, but even that's a close call.

It's nothing like an MT600, MT600 sounds a billion times better.

Your right about 1 thing there, no other synth can do what an MT400v does. It's that bad! To say you can make incredible pads is just rediculous, that's like saying it's tango drum pattern is radio ready. Maybe the fill-in feature is going to make it's way onto the OASYS.
:p
Wavestation makes incredible pads, v-synth makes incredible pads, mt400v can't even really make a pad unless you consider a bad harp sound with a slow filter attack and chorus a pad.
:rolleyes:
An ER-1 makes better pads than an mt400v. Calling the filter analog resonant is a bit of a stretch, a big bit of a stretch.

It's soooo good they badge it with the word "stereo".
:p

Calling it an analog subtractive is really like calling a kia an exotic sports car.

Honestly saying a casio mt400v is good for anything other than compacting your garbage when you don't want to touch it with your hands is why buying thing off of user reviews is sooo foolish.

Ease up man, it's a $25 keyboard. :eek:

• Members

Here are pages about MT-400v.

http://www.norcaltv.com/es/music.htm

The song "The Truth About Aspartame" - a unique track made with MT-400v.

http://www.helfried-wildenhain.de/synphon/mt400v.htm

Info and some .mp3 clips.

http://users.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~windle_c/TableHooters/Casio_CT-410V.html

Deep information.

MT-400v is not a complete synth, but I feel it should be fun, especially if I could get it for $25 or so....

• Members

MT-400v is not a complete synth,

It's not a synth at all, it's an awful kids toy. It will make your dog howl it's so bad. It's really not worth $25, the speakers it comes with are worth more then the keyboard.

Unless you've had one you don't really know how bad a keyboard can be. Devoting a web page to this thing is about as classy as devoting a web page to doggy-dodo and calling the scents aromatic.

I don't think a comment on that song is necessary, it speaks for itself, that song makes my dog howl in pain.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

It's not a synth at all, it's an awful kids toy. It will make your dog howl it's so bad. It's really not worth $25, the speakers it comes with are worth more then the keyboard.

Unless you've had one you don't really know how bad a keyboard can be. Devoting a web page to this thing is about as classy as devoting a web page to doggy-dodo and calling the scents aromatic.

I don't think a comment on that song is necessary, it speaks for itself, that song makes my dog howl in pain.

I still have a Yamaha PSR 20 (it may be an older model have to check when I go back at home) , my parents bought for me in 1987 and for the next 10 years it was the only synth I had . Well you could barely call it a synth but it did had a extremely simple digital synthesizer for each of its sounds. Nice stuff, I am still and I will always be in love with it. Its part my childhood.

Sometime all you need is some emotion .

• Members

What are you, 83 years old?? Look at it this way: Even the crappiest old Sears warp-necked guitar can still be used for slide.

Try to have some fun; stop taking it (and yourself) soooo seriously.

Archived