dan smith

catscurlyear

• Members

Need more details & some pics.

All original parts?

How many bolts in the neck?

Headstock size?

Provide more of the SN...at least the first couple digits. The term "smith strat" is thrown around on some early 80's guitars that aren't technically smith strats.

To get the most value, you'll have to take pics of the guitar with the pickguard raised. People want to see the electronics to help confirm the originality of the guitar.

Search ebay too for completed listings. I paid around $2250 for a really nice olympic white one not too long ago. I really wanted it though. I'm sure I could have kept looking and saved a bit, but I liked the guitar and got very comfortable with the seller over the phone. He also had a ton of pics that helped validate the guitar.

• Members

ok will try get some pics on tommorow, i`ve not done that before.but it is definatly a smith strat, i checked the s/n and volume and tone pots numbers before on smith`s site ,it as 4 bolt neck, headstock is small ,truss rod access is down on the body, here`s some more of the s/n E 20,all original parts, a bit of the scratch plate as been filed off so as to gain entry to the truss rod screw ,the spring cover plate from the back is missing i think .

http://www.myspace.com/catscurl

Some seller from the free adds,

• 5 months later...

Archived