FS or Trade: Black 1998 Fender Toronado

benihana_chef

• Members

I've had this for a couple of months, and had every intention of keeping it, but I need to sell it as I am only playing my Strat and Dot, and would like to use that money towards either Upgrading the Dot or finding a Sheraton with a Bigsby.

Would like to get $425 shipped in the Continental US for it, but feel free to throw me any reasonable offers. Ebay feedback under benihana_chef, and I've done a few transactions on here as well. I WILL consider shipping abroad as well, but would have to get some actual shipping quotes. Verified Paypal is preferred, but I will take a United States Postal Service Money Order as well.

Anyways, this has been upgraded with Spiezel locking tuners, and also comes with a Fender Gig Bag. I will also include the original vintage style tuners.

1998 MIM deluxe Series, black with tortoise pickguard. Light swirling on the finish, but I think it's in awesome shape for a 10 year old guitar!

Pics here:

P8080345.jpg

P8080347.jpg

P8080346.jpg

More pictures located here: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/benihana_chef/Toronado/

• Members

Yeah, I noticed the string tree thing too. Wassup with that?
:lol:

The guy that I bought it from had it strung that way. No real weird reasoning behind it, other than he thought it didn't look right strung normally.

Also, pics and info re: your Sherry. I'm located in ST Louis. Noticed you're in KC currently, so would make for cheap shipping for both of us! You can PM 'em or post 'em in the thread, your call.

Going to bed now though, so would be not replying 'till tomorrow.

• Members

What kind of trade deal could we do for the Sheraton? I'd put the value of the Sherry a bit higher than that of the Tornado.

I don't have any pics at the mo. I'll try to take some.

It's the vintage sunburst color, very slight wear. It has obviously been played, but taken care of.

Looks generally like this:

sheraton03rr9.jpg

• Members

What kind of trade deal could we do for the Sheraton? I'd put the value of the Sherry a bit higher than that of the Tornado.

Thanks! Any upgrades to the Sherry?

All PMs are again replied to. Waiting on a couple more photos, and will probably let this go a couple more days before I make a decision. Will be training at work, so I'll be unable to reply to anything after tomorrow morning until about 6 Central time. Don't think I'm ignoring you or anything. :)

• Members

Thanks! Any upgrades to the Sherry?

All PMs are again replied to. Waiting on a couple more photos, and will probably let this go a couple more days before I make a decision. Will be training at work, so I'll be unable to reply to anything after tomorrow morning until about 6 Central time. Don't think I'm ignoring you or anything.
:)

Currently there are Gibson Busrtbuckers in it, but I'll likely be keeping them and putting the original pups back in it before I sell/trade it.

• Members

Currently there are Gibson Busrtbuckers in it, but I'll likely be keeping them and putting the original pups back in it before I sell/trade it.

Thanks. So throw me a price difference with keeping the Burstbuckers in, when ya get a chance. Upgraded wiring, or is it still stock?

• Members

Without the Burstbucker the difference would be... $100 maybe?

I got my Sheraton II used for $500, and you're basically selling the Tornado for $400 + Shipping.

The burstbuckers I bought used for $60 each. I don't really want to get rid of them, as I said, but if I did I wouldn't want to lose any money on 'em.

• Members

Without the Burstbucker the difference would be... $100 maybe?

I got my Sheraton II used for $500, and you're basically selling the Tornado for $400 + Shipping.

The burstbuckers I bought used for $60 each. I don't really want to get rid of them, as I said, but if I did I wouldn't want to lose any money on 'em.

Ok. Gonna have to pass on the trade with ya. I'm not wanting to get that lopsided into anything right now, as even with your Sherry I would want to replace the wiring, hardware and add a Bigsby. Good luck, though!

Archived