Best way to carry 88-note weighted keyboard?

Rainboy UK

• Members

My keyboards travel in hard cases with wheels on. I would hate for anything to happen. And yep I agree, the trick is to get gigs on ground floors of buildings and someone else to carry your gear! My singers boyfriends hangs around a bit (he's more of a pain actually) but he's great for getting gear out of venues. He's only got on thing on his mind and it ain't music, and we have a rule that (unless in extreme circumstances) none of us leave a venue until we have all packed up and vehicles are loaded. So with that in mind, he's pretty good at helping us get our gear out to the vehicles!

• Members

Originally posted by geoffo

My singers boyfriends hangs around a bit (he's more of a pain actually) but he's great for getting gear out of venues. He's only got on thing on his mind and it ain't music...

geoffo -

Pease post a pic. of your singer so we can see why this dude (her boyfriend) is so hot and bothered... :D

• 10 months later...
  • Members

For local gigs I use a soft case for my Roland rd700sx. After zipping it up on the floor, I stand it up on one end, (not as heavy as lifting all the weight), then maneuver a simple 2-wheel hand cart under the end, and wheel it out. Been doing that for over a year, and it sure beats lugging the thing. I use the same cart for the amps, and will be getting a hard case with wheels soon for road gigs.

Archived