Epiphone Firebird & SKB case

fender tele

• Members

I'm just not a humbucker guy......

Just got this in a trade. The original owner had it 2-3 months....I've had it a little less than 3 weeks. I played it for 2 sets in my band & it just isn't me at all. the neck is fantastic, if you like thinner necks. It sounds great on any of the rock, southern rock, etc etc that we do, but I'm predominantly a country player. Other than a nick on the side of the neck (see pics), it is in immaculate condition.

The SKB is in new condition. It has TSA approved latches & rubberized handle. This isn't the $89 case you buy extra when you get this guitar from MF or wherever. Fender CS models don't come in a case this good. They run round $150.

$500 shipped. I don't have/need/want Paypal, as I don't do much online dealing at all,so postal m.o. only. I'll consider offers, but no low-ballers please. Will also consider trades....always looking for Teles....a Peavey Valve King 1 12 + some cash.....ful size Jeep J 20 pickup w/ 4" lift & slightly oversized tires (not jacked up too high).....be creative.

Birdcase.jpg

Close-up of ding on side of neck:

untitled.jpg

More pics here:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/fender-tele/Firebird/

Thanks

• Members

Bump.

Great guitar here. The nick on the side of the neck does not affect playability in any way. Was there before I got it.

Shoot me an offer. The worst that could happen is I'd say thanks, but no thanks.

Trade possibilities:
Boss GT-10
Peavey Valve King 1 12

• Members

Well I didn't think $500 would be "taking a hit".

If you'll look at my 1st post, it says "I'll consider offers, but no low-ballers please."

So if you're interested in the guitar, PM me an offer.

Nice avatar.

$500 is definitely asking too much. For $50 more you can get a brand new one without the neck issue.

• Members

$500 is definitely asking too much. For $50 more you can get a brand new one without the neck issue.

Facefirst - 1st off, I didn't make a bad trade. I traded an '04 Strat for this guitar, case & $300. He & I were both happy. I've just realized that I'm not a humbucker guy at all.

2nd - The ding on the neck isn't an issue, as far as playbility goes. You don't feel it. Don't even know it's there. The guitar would pass for new if you didn't know it was there.

3rd - Are you interested in this guitar, or are you just trying to {censored} w/me selling it?

If so...PM me with an offer. Thanks for the bump, by the way.

BG76 - Yes your local GC has one for $400. You can get them for that everywhere. But you buy a case extra. The one that MF recommends is $89. This one is $144, a far better case, and in perfect condition.

• Members
Facefirst - 1st off, I didn't make a bad trade. I traded an '04 Strat for this guitar, case & $300. He & I were both happy. I've just realized that I'm not a humbucker guy at all.

2nd - The ding on the neck isn't an issue, as far as playbility goes. You don't feel it. Don't even know it's there. The guitar would pass for new if you didn't know it was there.

3rd - Are you interested in this guitar, or are you just trying to {censored} w/me selling it?

If so...PM me with an offer. Thanks for the bump, by the way.

BG76 - Yes your local GC has one for $400. You can get them for that everywhere. But you buy a case extra. The one that MF recommends is $89. This one is $144, a far better case, and in perfect condition.

If the guitar was at a GC or any guitar shop with the same neck issue, they would probably knock a minimum of 20% off just to sell it. Trust me, I work in a guitar shop, 99% of people don't care if it doesn't affect playability, if it is there and they know it, they don't like it. So, now a person can go get that same guitar for $80 off and then by the case and end up paying $465, which is $35 less than yours and they get it that day. I'm not trying to hassle you or anything, but if you wanna see this go you need to have a lower starting price, or take BG76's offer, because I honestly think its gunna be the best offer you get.

Otherwise, I wish ya the best of luck with the sale! :thu:

• Members
If the guitar was at a GC or any guitar shop with the same neck issue, they would probably knock a minimum of 20% off just to sell it. Trust me, I work in a guitar shop, 99% of people don't care if it doesn't affect playability, if it is there and they know it, they don't like it. So, now a person can go get that same guitar for $80 off and then by the case and end up paying $465, which is $35 less than yours and they get it that day. I'm not trying to hassle you or anything, but if you wanna see this go you need to have a lower starting price, or take BG76's offer, because I honestly think its gunna be the best offer you get.

Otherwise, I wish ya the best of luck with the sale!
:thu:

Exactly. Just because it doesn't affect playability doesn't mean anything. Most people would rather just spend $50 more and get a brand new one with no issues and a case.

• Members

Facefirst

I don't know you & you don't know me. Is there a reason you have singled me out? If I put $2k as the price on this guitar, and somebody happily buys it, it's none of your business. If I decide I can't stand the sight of it anymore & give it away, that's none of your business. Coming on here & trying to hijack a for sale thread is about as no class as you can be.

At least Emotart explained why he felt the way he did, then wished me luck. BG76 made an offer. You have been nothing but a troll. Either PM me with a bid, make a bid in the thread, or go away. It obvious what you are tring to pull & you are making yourself look childish.

Thanks again for the bump.

• Members

Facefirst

I don't know you & you don't know me. Is there a reason you have singled me out? If I put $2k as the price on this guitar, and somebody happily buys it, it's none of your business. If I decide I can't stand the sight of it anymore & give it away, that's none of your business. Coming on here & trying to hijack a for sale thread is about as no class as you can be.

At least Emotart explained why he felt the way he did, then wished me luck. BG76 made an offer. You have been nothing but a troll. Either PM me with a bid, make a bid in the thread, or go away. It obvious what you are tring to pull & you are making yourself look childish.

Thanks again for the bump.

Just making sure no one is getting ripped off. When you can spend $50 more and get one in mint condition, your price is too high. You're trying to sell a used guitar with a dent in the neck for almost retail. Get upset all you want, I'm looking out for potential buyers.

Oh, and good luck on your sale:rolleyes:

Here's a bump for your ridiculously high price.

• Members

+1 to FenderTele. If I needed one with a really nice case I would buy this one. I just want one to use at home and maybe out once in a while.

You may be better off selling the case seperatly or putting this on ebay.

Unfortunatly the case is hurting the chances of making a sale.

• Members

Thanks BG!

To all that have sent me PMs about this one & the 1978 Strat:
I have no internet at my house & won't have til at least the 17th. Several really interesting trade proposals for both guitars. Sorry for the delay. I just happen to be at my folks' house for a few minutes today.

Thanks

Archived