MINT early 90's Yamaha Pacifica 1221M

uberthrall

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where is the other Pacifica for $250?

Myself and some other guys on another forum have a buddy from there who's in the Army over in Afghanistan...on the front lines pretty much. Long story, short he posted a thread looking for a cheap shredder that he could play over there. We decided to get together and send him a nice guitar related care package......guitar, FX processor, etc. The guitar part of that is the $250 Yami.

Believe me, the couple hundred bucks I would have gotten for it wouldn't have been half as satisfying as the feeling of giving it to this kid.:thu:

I mention this not for everyone to say "Wow, what a great guy that Uberthrall is", but to hopefully underscore the fact that regardless of anyone's political views, there are thousands of kids over there doing a difficult and dangerous job in some vey nasty places, and we shouldn't forget that.

OK.....climbing off the soapbox now.....LOL.

• Members

Nice gesture. Some friends and I are doing the same thing. I'm retired military so I get it. A bunch of them are building a guitar from spare (nice) parts and I'm supplying the amp. When it's ready the plan (I think) is to give it to a returned soldier that's rehabbing at one of the big DC military hospitals, or possibly donate it to a ward so many people can use it. As for your Yamaha, 99% of people just don't know how nice they are because they've never picked one up. Even the entry level $199 Pacificas are nice. Bump.

• Members

That is so awesome of you to do that for one of our guys over there in Afghanistan! God bless you!

Myself and some other guys on another forum have a buddy from there who's in the Army over in Afghanistan...on the front lines pretty much. Long story, short he posted a thread looking for a cheap shredder that he could play over there. We decided to get together and send him a nice guitar related care package......guitar, FX processor, etc. The guitar part of that is the $250 Yami.

Believe me, the couple hundred bucks I would have gotten for it wouldn't have been half as satisfying as the feeling of giving it to this kid.
:thu:

I mention this not for everyone to say "Wow, what a great guy that Uberthrall is", but to hopefully underscore the fact that regardless of anyone's political views, there are thousands of kids over there doing a difficult and dangerous job in some vey nasty places, and we shouldn't forget that.

OK.....climbing off the soapbox now.....LOL.

• Members

Don't let the Yamaha on the headstock drive you away, your paying for quality not name here. I had one of these, and one of the "Lesser models" and had to part with them for various reasons, but loved them while they were here. These are nice durable guitars.

• Members

Oh yeah, the 1200 and 1400 series Pacificas were designed by Rich Lasner after he had finished working with Ibanez on the RG 500 and 700 series. In alot of ways these are the next logical step in the progression of the Super Strat design.

• Members

You mentioned trades.

Are you at all interested in an 8 month old Ibanez S470DXQM in excellent condition?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2300443

Also are you still holding firm to not accepting Paypal?

BTW, I've owned quite a few Pac's over the years, great guitars. I've owned a 721, 921, 912, 912J, and 604. I remember playing a yellow 1221M in a store around 90 or 91 and telling myself "someday".

:wave:

• Members

jds22, thanks for the offer, but I have two other Ibby S types...a Gambale and a 93' S 540LTD. Thanks for the offer though......got anything else? I'm also looking for a tube combo too.

As for Paypal, yeah I refuse to have anything to do with Paypal or their owner Ebay as far as selling anything. I will occasionally buy off Ebay if I see something that's just too good to pass up. Aside from that, I just hate the {censored} out of them.

• Members

jds22, thanks for the offer, but I have two other Ibby S types...a Gambale and a 93' S 540LTD. Thanks for the offer though......got anything else? I'm also looking for a tube combo too.

As for Paypal, yeah I refuse to have anything to do with Paypal or their owner Ebay as far as selling anything. I will occasionally buy off Ebay if I see something that's just too good to pass up. Aside from that, I just hate the {censored} out of them.

Understood.

I'm trying to sell the Ibby. If it goes thru and you still have the Pac we might have a deal.

:wave:

Archived