This bother anyone else?

Bengal

• Members

I know, I know. This is the For Sale area. But you know what? This is the only place I visit on here and this is where my bitch happens so this is where I put it.

Anyone else bothered by people with multiple ads on the first page 2-3 times a day? I'm not talking 1-2 ads, I'm talking 9-11 ads all bumped at the same time? I know it's somewhat frustrating because other ads drop to the 4th page very quickly around here.

My thoughts are that this is a free site that is made available for private citizens to sell-buy-trade equipment. NOT an ebay for (insert name here). Right? Some people flood this site with crap that is not selling at all. But they still try to push it. (There are a few people who fit in this category, I'm not talking about everyone) And it's obvious that the moderation around here is lacking so that makes us the police for this place and I'm getting a bit tired of it so I have to say something about it.

This is what I do. If I put something up here and I don't get a bite in a week or 2, I find another avenue to sell-trade it. Period. I don't bump up the same tired crap for 6 pages. If it doesn't go in a week or 2, it's not going to. Sell it somewhere else. Local pawnshop maybe. Garage sale anyone? It's not going here. All it does is muck up this site with crap and people like me have to search for the real sellers, not the wanna be dealers.

And this is not (Insert name here) sale page either. I know times are tough and this place is free but if you have alot of crap to push that you "need gone", I suggest going somewhere else. I'm sure there is a craigslist near you. It's free as well. Maybe give that a try.

But maybe my thoughts are wrong so I open it up to you. I'm not naming names but if you spend time on here you'll know the few I'm refering to. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone but it's time someone said something about it in hopes that we can police this site by ourselves.

But maybe not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I check in the morning and then again at night and it seems like it's the same 5 sellers selling the same 100 items. I know it's nice to have a title for every item but thread consolidation would be courteous.

I also get annoyed when I see something marked for trade (but I don't know what I want so make me offers) then the thread goes on for 6-8 pages with everything under the sun offered up for trade and declined. If you don't know what you want, do some homework, find out what you like and post it.:facepalm:

• Members

I am all for thread consolidation, got to be considerate of others.

That is a good idea.

It doesn't address the fact that this is a place for private citizens. Not maybe I am, maybe I'm not, semi-dealers around here.

But it's a start.

• Members

I also get annoyed when I see something marked for trade (but I don't know what I want so make me offers) then the thread goes on for 6-8 pages with everything under the sun offered up for trade and declined. If you don't know what you want, do some homework, find out what you like and post it.
:facepalm:

I agree 100%. That is another problem on this site as well.

• Members

Well,my problem is not so much with the trading thing...sometimes you just want to see what strikes your fancy at ther time...the "feeler" thing makes me laugh..Im not sure if I want to sell or trade but if someone wanta to give me way more than it is wirth Im game...I mean...get real......I have a small problem with those "almost a music store guys"..they want the luxury of selling a ton of stuff with very little overhead..etc...why not create a Delaers section?If ther eisnt already one..we all know who they are by rep and the tons of posts....but you know..it is a free site so can you really bitch much?Though a little common courtesy and consideration os awesome....I think some folks take advatage a bit.....not that is matters...just my thought...

• Members

You guys bring up new rules or holding people to the rules. As we know, that doesn't happen around here. Here's the proof.

(From the "Welcome to the HC Classified Forums! Please Read!" section. ie The Rules)

2. NO COMMERCIAL SPAM! Sorry retailers, this isn't the place for you. That also goes for advertising your ebay, Amazon, or other auctions/sales. Spam will be deleted and the user who posts it will receive a temporary ban.

3. These forums are for helping you find and/or sell your MUSIC GEAR only. Stick to the categories that are currently here...that means don't post your record collection, lawnmower, CDs, DVDs, etc. for sale. Have a garage sale for that!

There have been those that totally voilated Number 2. Then there are those that look like they are then change their signature when pressed about it.

And we all know a few people that use this place like a garage sale. Pure bull{censored}.

I'm just looking for a little common courtesy around here. This is not your site people. We all use it. Think of the others using the site. That's just being a good human.

But I would rather have this place overmoderated then the way it is right now.

• Members

I think your out of line with the "if it doesn't sell in 2 wks.....", I've seen ads that were posted months ago get bumped cuz someone wants to buy/trade and a deal gets done. I completely agree with the bumping and garage sale bull{censored}. Times are tough, man. Just try and be a little understanding. I for one go back 4 or 5 pages.

• Members

I think your out of line with the "if it doesn't sell in 2 wks.....", I've seen ads that were posted months ago get bumped cuz someone wants to buy/trade and a deal gets done. I completely agree with the bumping and garage sale bull{censored}. Times are tough, man. Just try and be a little understanding. I for one go back 4 or 5 pages.

Out of line? I was just saying what I do, not what others should do.

Come on man, do you think some of this {censored} that's been bumped on here for many many pages is going to sell just like that? It's not spectacuar stuff we are talking about here, run of the mill crap.

I believe it's time for the inmates to start running the prison. Nothing is going to change unless we change attitudes here.

I understand times are tough. I believe I mentioned that. There are other free venues other than HC.

I have no patience or understanding anymore, hence this thread. This {censored} has gone on way too long.

• Members

I agree with ya to a large extent Bengal. Thread consolidation if someone has a bunch of stuff they want to move would be nice. The one thing I don't necessarily agree with is the idea that an over moderated site would be preferable to the arrangement here. I've been dealing over on Jemsite for quite awhile now, and it's been getting a little difficult dealing with the classified's Nazi approach over there. To top it all off, the main offender over there is a mod with a ZERO trader rating!! Personally I prefer a little bit of chaos over that arrangement.

• Members

Out of line? I was just saying what I do, not what others should do.

Come on man, do you think some of this {censored} that's been bumped on here for many many pages is going to sell just like that? It's not spectacuar stuff we are talking about here, run of the mill crap.

I believe it's time for the inmates to start running the prison. Nothing is going to change unless we change attitudes here.

I understand times are tough. I believe I mentioned that. There are other free venues other than HC.

I have no patience or understanding anymore, hence this thread. This {censored} has gone on way too long.

The way it was worded gave me the impression that you thought others should remove their ad after 2 wks. Sorry, but that's what I got from it. Obviously your {censored}ing pissed and I don't feel like arguing so....

• Members

Roger,

I hear you on the Jemsite thing. I've been on that site since 1997 and I know exactly what you are talking about.

I left that site because of the large number of Ibanez Fan Boys that don't know {censored}.

I would prefer a site that the members acted with common sense and a bit of consideration for fellow members but since thinking of others has gone out of style, I might welcome a bit of a heavy foot in cleaning this place up.

• Members

The way it was worded gave me the impression that you thought others should remove their ad after 2 wks. Sorry, but that's what I got from it. Obviously your {censored}ing pissed and I don't feel like arguing so....

Really?

See that's another problem today. If someone disagrees with someone they are just pissed or want to bring negitivity or whatever else you want to try to throw out there to ignore the problem and put the focus on the person you don't agree with That happens alot with those around here I don't see eye to eye with.

But if I've misconstrued what you said, I'm sorry.

(And let me also ad, not you you shred but to everyone) When I say "you" I mean the PROVERBIAL you, not the literal you. Another problem with todays society. Too much narcissism.

• Members

I would love to see a little self moderation as well but it'll never happen as long as the select few see fit to use the site as an online store (10 of the same guitar??) or garage sale (sunglasses, shoes). Same goes for having 7-8 consecutive threads at the same time. C'mon man.

Archived