Vince Clark VS. Martin Gore

• Members

i give it to Gore on both counts. I would give the synthesist crown to Clark, but the only things from him that have inspired me is the latest erasure album. his previous haven't done all that much for me, and i still can't think of him on the level of Depeche Mode. Erasure is "a" band that i listen to, while Depeche is still "the" band that i listen to.

word.

• Members

Originally posted by spritex

For me, Vince was at his best during the Yazoo.

Just watched Tango and Cash :eek: , saw Teri Hatcher dancing in some club to a really cool Yazoo track.

Vince Clark is a master of the BBC Model B sequencer combo lol :)

Martin Gore is equally as talented.

Its very close, but, Id go along with Chris on that one.

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Umbra

Alone Clark is probably better, but if Gore has some assistance I think he ends up being better than Clark can be, alone Gore kinda sucks.

Seconded, I'm not too fond of Gore's solo efforts.

• Members

Originally posted by spritex

Also, after the first album till 1995 or so Alan Wilder had most influence on the technical side of synthesis in DM, I believe.

yeah- should be Clarke vs Wilder

• Members

Originally posted by setAI

yeah- should be Clarke vs Wilder

Even so, Clarke wins hands down. as far as mastering synthesis, and creating music, listen to Erasure's 'erasure' album, also Vince Clarke's solo efforts in conjunction with Martin Ware, "Pretentious" and "Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle"

I must say that if DM had taken the same direction Erasure did, it may have been different. Wilder has not had the opportunity to compose grandiose tunes such as Clarke's.

In any case, Gore is a better songwriter, while Clarke is a better synthesist.

Much different too.

Archived