FS Original 80s Foto Flame Tele

Rusty_Chains

• Members

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

Dings - they look like little scuffs in the photo because of the glare here.

This is a Fender Foto Flame Telecaster from the 80s. It was made in japan. These guitars were an interesting time in Fender's history as the flame is actually a photograph on the guitar - the guitars are basswood with an alder cap. Film was applied to the cap and a photo of a flamed top was applied to make it look authentic.

I bought this guitar in the 90s from Elderly and it has some modifications. I converted it to an Esquire. Besides changing the pickguard I wired the single alnico Fender pickup 50s style: position 1 is full on bridge, 2 includes the tone control (mimics a neck pickup), 3 has treble bleed off. I followed a diagram and upgraded all of the components and pots. I also replaced the old pan jack with an electrosocket jack from GFS (the sturdiest tele jack on the market). The guitar has straplocks and I swapped out the bridge with an American standard bridge for better intonation. I still have the nickel standard bridge it came with. That bridge comes with compensated brass saddles. I'll throw that in.

Cosmetically the guitar is in excellent shape. It has a few dings but nothing major. I've included them in the photos but they are hard to see as they aren't into the actual Flame.

Only selling because I have my first baby on the way and need to make room and money.

Looking for $400 OBO out of the guitar. Shipping has been killing me lately. You will have to send me your zip to figure it out. No trades.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived