One of the most unique Gibson Les Pauls you'll ever see

Carbohydrates

• Members

It's the "my car needs a new engine and I can't afford it" sale!

This is a guitar that I've listed before, but I keep pulling it because it's just a really damn nice Les Paul - I keep coming back to it! It was the inspiration for the color scheme of GuitarNoobie's amazing LP build. I've gigged with it, I play it all the time, and I'm really not looking forward to having to sell it. Here's a short list of other Les Pauls I've sold in favor of keeping this one:

- LP Traditional

- LP Standard Plus

- LP 1958 Reissue

newtuners02.jpg

newtuners01.jpg

new005.jpg

Additional photos on request - just tell me what you'd like a photo of. I'm already planning on snapping a few more detailed pics tonight.

So, what makes it so special? It's got a 50's neck, chambered mahogany body, and the following mods!

Cosmetic:

- White pickup rings, switchwasher, pickguard (from pickguards.us) and reflector knobs

- Metal switch tip

- 2-ply Gibson truss rod cover

Electronic:

- RS Supershaft volume pots, CTS tone pots, Russian oil-in-paper caps

- Gibson Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups (as seen in Custom Shop Historic models)

Hardware:

- Kluson white knob tuners

- Schaller rolling bridge

- Lightweight tailpiece

- Graphtech nut, professionally installed and set up

Of course, it comes with its original Gibson black hardshell case with a white liner. Playwear is minimal and purely cosmetic - just some edge wear and light surface scratches that you get with a satin-finished guitar.

Trades: Unless you have an early 2000's Toyota V6 lying around, I'm afraid it's gotta be cash.

Cash: Yes please. $700 would be fair, though it's a painful reminder to me that substantial upgrades (like a $250 pair of pickups) never hold their value. :(

• Members

That guitar is not chambered
:thu:

They were built chambered for at least a couple years back when they were the "Les Paul Vintage Mahogany" and before they became the "Les Paul Studio Faded." It weighs about 7 lbs and has a hollow knock to it if you rap the lower bout with your knuckles. I'm nearly positive that these conditions would indicate that it's chambered, but I'll certainly be sure to double-check when I get home! Thanks for the comment!

• Members

Just take off the control cavity plate. You will know when you see it if it is chambered. I am sure it is weight relieved but chambered would surprise me.

Taking off the cavity plate doesn't help in this case because it's chambered this way (which is how I believe all chambered production Les Pauls are done) as opposed to this way (which is the Historic / Custom Shop method and the way my CR8 is done). The LPVM was introduced in 2004 without chambering, but sometime in 2006, they started chambering them until they were discontinued in 2009. This one's an '07.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived