FORUM CD: KSS Compilation Vol. 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm sure there's going to be a bunch of different styles on this, should be pretty neat. so should we ground mail a physical CD or email .wav files (or even mp3s)? what's the end product consist of? any sort of 'quality control' :D? the more clarification we can get the better...

• Members
Originally posted by Unfed

i'm sure there's going to be a bunch of different styles on this, should be pretty neat. so should we ground mail a physical CD or email .wav files (or even mp3s)?

I prefer physical CDs (Red Book format, please...16 bit, 44.1 kHz), but I'm happy to download .wav or .aiff files if you want to FTP them. Don't email them to me - they're usually too big.

Oh, and no mp3s...

what's the end product consist of?

It's a CD. If you wanna see the art we did for the last one, take a look here.

any sort of 'quality control'
:D
?

Well, I'll master them, but it's more level matching than anything else. I don't like to EQ other people's work.

As far as the quality of the material submitted - I don't think I'm qualified to say what's good enough and what's not. I figure if you guys are proud enough of a piece of your music to submit it, that's good enough for me. :cool:

Besides, over ten previous compilations, almost everything that's been submitted has been pretty damn good.

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Tuba Four

Where do we send it? Same PO Box in TO?

No...to the ADAM office. We started that on KC comp X - I like it better...

Dave Bryce

c/o ADAM Audio USA

3717 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.

Suite 215

Westlake VIllagwe, CA, 91362

Don't worry if you don't get it now - I'll probably start a dedicated comp CD thread, and put it (and other pertinent info) at the top.

dB

• Members

My computer got toasted last week, but if I can get my stuff back up and running (crosses fingers) I'd like to submit as well.

Content question: does a re-arrangement of a traditional folk melody fall into this category?

David

• Members

Originally posted by David R.

Content question: does a re-arrangement of a traditional folk melody fall into this category?

Hmmmm....good question.

My primary inclination is that it doesn't, because it's not an original piece. However, depending on the re-arrangement, I suppose it could be reasonably argued that by the time you're done with it that it's mostly original...

I dunno...

dB

• Members

Originally posted by David R.

David

That would probably more appropriate for the inevitable "cover" volume that we'll eventually do.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived