FORUM CD: KSS Compilation Vol. 1

• Members

In another thread, Purity_Control wrote:

Originally posted by Purity_Control

Isn't it about time we had a KSS compilation CD, even if it's not a physical one, so to speak? We haven't had one since Rollerator sorted one out on the old mp3.com back in 00/01.

I feel all inferior next to OJ now 'cos they've got two:eek:
:D

As some of you may know, I'm a real big fan of forum compilation CDs. Over the past few years, we've done ten of them over on the Other Forum. Most have been originals, three were cover tunes (two any artists, one just Beatles), one was restricted to just pianos, and one was tunes under two minutes.

So, if we were to do a KSS comp CD, how many of you would want to participate?

dB

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds good to me. Would have to mail you a reg cd of though, cause my laptops soundcard is very poor and hasnt mp3'd anything. Doesnt even do that good a job of making reg cd's off cd's copied to laptop. LOl.

Anyway would send you free no cost copy of the title track from "Furry Fire" thr reg mail to whatever addy you wanted, pm me with if wants. 7:04 minutes long though reads 7:16 cause my Zoom MRS802 auto adds few seconds of blank at end of tracks. Instrumental stuff. Synths & drum machine.

The whole furry fire thing is that magickal relatonship between plush animal toys and little kids. In furry fire title track, plushies help kiddo make music. Novation KS4 leads, pads & fx. Virus kc soundbeds, bass & fx, Zoom drum machine. Rollicking peice of music. Recorded as played live, no sequencers, no midi, jus hands & paws.

• Members

I'm thinking all original, no style restrictions at all...except, of course, there needs to be keys, synths and/or samplers involved. ;)

The only thing I'd suggest is that in order to get the maximum amount of people in, we impose a 5:00 time restriction (Darkstorm, you'd either have to edit yours, or send a different track). In the past, that's worked pretty well for the KC comps, although even with that we got so many submission for two of them that we had to go to two discs.

The way that it works is that we set a deadline (is September 30th enough time?), and people either mail me Red Book format CDs, or put their submission somewhere I can download it.

Sound reasonable?

dB

• Members

Originally posted by FrankieP:

I contributed on three KC compilations, would love to do it again. That's if I could setup in time for the deadline. I'm moving the first week of September so I won't make any promises.

Similar story here. I contributed a song to one of the KC compilations and a foreword to another.

I'd like to contribute to this one if I can, but I may be moving in September as well.

Best,

Geoff

Archived