Mac friendly USB keyboards

u6crash

• Members

Hello there,

Sorry to bother you all with my newbie questions, but I'm looking for a Mac friendly keyboard that is USB equipped. I'm planning to get some software to help the learning process along (I'm sort of playing scales now, but I don't know much about fingerings).

I'm finding lots of keyboards that have USB, but very few give specifications. Some say PC only, but then I wonder if that is just regarding the included software.

If possible, I'd like to keep it under $200. I'd rather spend less on a first keyboard than spend a whole lot of money on something I don't know much about. I've seen some MIDI controllers for around $100, but I would like something with speakers and line outs to one day attach an amp.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

• Members

When you say USB controller boards, are you talking about simple MIDI controllers, or the the actual boards inside a keyboard? I would like an actual portable keyboard, not just a MIDI controller. I'm pretty knew to this so I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions. All I know is that when I play the piano in the dining room, it interferes with others television watching in the living room :p

Archived