Looking for MY perfect keyboard-- HELP!

• Members

I'm really a guitar player that got a hold of an Yamaha RS7000 about 2 years ago and totally loved it... Still use it all the time... love the filtering and sampling features...

It's about time to upgrade to something more serious... something with more realistic sounds.. more capabilities than the RS 7000.... Something that I can edit/record samples and sequences in realtime... and with a REAL keybard too... hehe... expesions using filters is a biggy with me...

And I'd like to keep the price under $3000.... Any suggestions?

THANKS!

• Members

Um... under $3K... that leaves alot of choices. That's like saying I'd like to find a great guitar under $3K.... totally possible, what's hard is limiting the choices.

Real time sampling and filters can be found in a large array of workstations on the market.

I am a fan of the Triton series... and the newest series the "Extreme" can be had for less than $2K. Some on this board are fans of Motif's or Roland Fantoms. My suggestion is to visit yyour local store, pull up some presets and start experimenting. See which sounds/ interface appeals to you.... then compare features and price.

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Hmm - a guitarist who's looking for their first serious keyboard and wants to try to "keep it under $3,000!!"
:eek::confused::mad:

Nah - I'm not the least bit jealous...
:p

+1...entirely...:eek:

:D

But seriously, I agree with what's already been said...sounds like you're looking for a workstation, probably from the 'big 3'...Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha Motif ES, Roland Fantom X. Possibly consider an Alesis Fusion too...

• Members

Thanks alot all

I was actually looking seriously at the Motif ES6 as well as the Roland Fantom X6... But wasn't sure whether this was what would work for me...

I graduated from college a couple years ago as a chemical engineer... Now I make enough to spoil myself every once in a while... plus I booted my ex-girlfeind out of the house about 6 months ago... what a bitch...

:p

Sounds like the Yamaha might be the cat's meow...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Play the Motif ES, the Fantom X and the Triton Extreme, then pick whichever one you like the sound best of. The possibilities are similar enough that you won't seriously limit yourself by picking one of them. You might like the user interface of the Motif if you're used to the RS7000, but on the other hand, if you're looking for something different, the Fantom or the Triton might appeal to you.

You are planning on keeping the RS7000, right?

Archived