FS: Engl Steve Morse head

simbasa

• Members

Damn. That was about as quick as I off-load amps. lol. What about it wasn't working for you? Do you have anything else in mind?

I'm just not an Engl guy I guess. I played the Savage very briefly last year and did not like the gain at all. I liked the Invader 100 and that's probably the least 'Engl sounding' of the Engls according to the Engl guys who don't like it.

The 3rd channel on the Morse I have a feeling is more like the SE, since that's what Morse was using before this. Never played that though, so just a guess as to what an SE sounds like in person.

There is a nice Rivera Rake Reverb at my local store and it sounds great. Much more my style but it's not a metal amp like Engls are. I don't really need another amp at the moment though. I'm content with my Nitro for now. It is fun to try out new gear though....as you know.;)

• Members

where did you find the sound clip at?

Here is a quick one I did last week after I got it. I'm using a little too much gain and the MM Petrucci guitar I am using has muddy pups, so it's not the best tone I can get along with the crappy camera mic. This is channel 3 on 'low gain mode' with low mids 1 and high mids 1 set at 10 oclock- scooped. Yeah, the Morse has a boatload of gain...too much.

I'll probably do some video clips of all the channels and modes if I still have it in the next few days when I have more time.

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/simbasa11/?action=view&current=Engl2008_07_11_08_10_41.flv

Archived