Original '83 Marshall JCM800 1987 4 input 50watt

MattyOvertone

• Members

1983 JCM800 model 1987 amp. Still has original Drake transformers and the filter caps appear to be original. Recently retubed with JJ el34 power tubes and EH preamp tubes. It's not in perfect condition by any means but it's in pretty good shape for a 25 year old Marshall and most importantly it works 100% and is appears to be all original. It's missing the back metal panel. the biggest tolex issue is a split on the bottom left edge, seen in pic 7. Otherwise just the usual nicks and spots where I glued little tears. DROPPED TO $725 shipped. No trade offers please.

jcm1.jpg

jcm5.jpg

jcm6.jpg

jcm7.jpg

jcm8.jpg

jcm10.jpg

jcm11.jpg

jcm12.jpg

jcm14.jpg

jcm15.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

BUMP. $800 shipped!! I need to sell this to afford an amp with an effects loop. I've jumped into the world of mult-effects and found out why they make effects loops, haha. This is an amazing amp, especially for the money.

I need to sell asap to afford an amp with an effects loops. Would also be into trading for an amp with an effects loop.

Heads only please... would love to trade for a Marshall JCM800 2205 or 2210. Possibly even would consider something from the JCM900 & JCM2000... Would probably consider a Peavey 5150. Basically anything of quality, with a nice tube power amp section. Can be 50 or 100watt. MUST HAVE EFFECTS LOOP. Let me know.

• Members

The 1987 model is actually a 2 channel amp. That's what the 4 inputs are all about, a high & low input for each channel. The channels aren't footswitchable or anything like that, you either have manually switch what input you're plugged into or use an a/b switch. The 2203 and 2204 amps are a true single channel. From what i understand, they changed the preamp circuitry and condensed the two channels to develope another gain stage. Also, the 1987 is a non-master volume where as the 2203 and 2204 amps have a master.

The 1987 has more of a cleaner, smoother, more natural tone. The JCM800 versions are similar to that of an older 50watt plexi in general terms. The 2203 and 2204 amps are a bit thicker, flatter sounding, with more gain and bass.

I have a JMP 2203 which I have to compare the 1987 to. They each do they're own thing. To me, the 2203 is for hard rock with a Les Paul, and the 1987 is for rock and bluesy rock with a Strat, also good with a Les paul too though. Hope this helps explain a little.

• Members

Also interested in the carvin some... PM me with details and stuff.

I deleted the ad as I decided to hang onto the Carvin head for awhile longer...I may have some other trade fodder though....will check...

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived