FS/FT: Lee Jackson Modified Marshall 2203 JCM 800 & VHT Fatbottom 4x12

chasegriff

• Members

100 w all tube single channel 2203 model JCM 800 by Marshall.

Modified by the legendary Lee Jackson himself, these are a rare find. Mod includes an additional preamp tube for tons of added gain. 6 position frequency/voicing adjustment switch. Push-pull bypassable master volume so you can get saturated high gain tones at bedroom volumes. Amp runs four 6550's in the power section. Loudest amp I've ever played.

$1250 OBO (Trades are considered)

DSC00038.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

VHT Fatbottom 4x12:

Upgraded 3" casters. Loaded with two Celestion Vintage 30's and two Celestion G12T-75's in an X pattern. This has a few rips and scuffs, nothing too bad, it's been toured on.

Really looking for another cab, preferably an Orange 4x12 or a Vintage Marshall 4x12, shoot me offers on trades. If someone wants to buy this outright, i'll let it go for $650. Like I said, I'd rather find a solid trade on another cab..has to be 4x12.

2009-08-01_15_59_18.jpg

2009-08-01_16_08_46.jpg

2009-08-01_15_59_57.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll have to sit on it, i'll get back to you. I'm also really interested in the old Mesa/Boogie half back cabs, if any of you have one laying around.

Okay cool, cool. I'm be looking forward to yoru response. Sadly, I do not have any of the old Mesa/Boogie half back cabs.

• Members

My only concern is that it's 30w, right? I might need something a little more gainy.

The only response I have for that is that it has great cleans and a very nice natural overdrive. It's natural overdrive is not incredibly gainy, but I'm sure if you swapped the 6L6GC/5881 stock tubes for something more gainy, then it could easily achieve that...if modding is your thing (which since you have a modified Marshall, I assume it is).

Even if it's not your thing, this amp takes pedals extremely well (the ones that I've tried include the Boss Metalzone, Ibanez TS-808, TS-9, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Maxon 808, Ibanez Jemini, Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde and the Triple Recstortion Distortion). I personally use my Ibanez Jemini and Metal Zone into it.

Les Paul >> Pedal >> Amp

I thought the Metal Zone was a really {censored} pedal, but when plugged into a phenomenal amp like this (sorry about saying this, I feel like I'm trying to sell a product), it doesn't sound as bad as it's notoriously known for.

What amount of gain/type of music do you play?

• Members

The only response I have for that is that it has great cleans and a very nice natural overdrive. It's natural overdrive is not incredibly gainy, but I'm sure if you swapped the 6L6GC/5881 stock tubes for something more gainy, then it could easily achieve that...if modding is your thing (which since you have a modified Marshall, I assume it is).

Even if it's not your thing, this amp takes pedals extremely well (the ones that I've tried include the Boss Metalzone, Ibanez TS-808, TS-9, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Maxon 808, Ibanez Jemini, Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde and the Triple Recstortion Distortion). I personally use my Ibanez Jemini and Metal Zone into it.

Les Paul >> Pedal >> Amp

I thought the Metal Zone was a really {censored} pedal, but when plugged into a phenomenal amp like this (sorry about saying this, I feel like I'm trying to sell a product), it doesn't sound as bad as it's notoriously known for.

What amount of gain/type of music do you play?

I play skate/pop/mid 90's sounding punk. I'll sit on it for a little bit and let you know

• Members

I play skate/pop/mid 90's sounding punk. I'll sit on it for a little bit and let you know

Hmm, I've actually never played skate or 90's punk, so I cannot honestly tell you if this amp would be the best for it. However, do you use a pedal through this amp?

It's clean sound is awesome for putting any sort of fuzz/overdrive/boost/distortion on. Like I said, I can stress its compatibility with most pedals that I've tried. Oh yeah, and if it is a plus, you can jump the channels and there is a channel that has a tremelo/vibrato effect built in (Channel II).

Also, any specific band names?

• Members

I go straight to the amp, no pedals besides a tuner and a volume pedal. The extra pre-amp tube from the mod really contributes when it comes to gain.

Hmm, well you can also always swap out the 6L6GC's in this and replace them with 2xEL34's, (I believe they are more gainy and switch the power wattage to 50 watts? I'm unsure about this, but I believe it's true). There are probably mods you could also do on this amp to make it more gainy or to make it more suitable for punk rock if you do not like it, as always.

• Members

Hmm, well you can also always swap out the 6L6GC's in this and replace them with 2xEL34's, (I believe they are more gainy and switch the power wattage to 50 watts? I'm unsure about this, but I believe it's true). There are probably mods you could also do on this amp to make it more gainy or to make it more suitable for punk rock if you do not like it, as always.

Cool man, i'm going to see what kind of offers I get. In the mean time, i'll keep you updated. I could always go to a music store locally and try one out!

Archived