Got $2300 need amp

axeman663

• Members

Any interest in a Mako Mak2 Dorado version? It's a 2 channel amp that has an amazing overdrive channel that's in the Marshall modded category, but also has it's own character. It's clean channel rivals or is better than any 2 channel amp I've ever heard/played thru. It has some similairities to a Bogner Uberschall, but has much better voicing and it's clean channel blows the Uber away.
This amp is the best sounding/built amp I've owned, hands down - including a Bogner Uberschall, Soldano SLO, VHT UL, Modded Marshalls, anything Mesa Boogie - the list goes on...

• Members
Not your typical Marshall... so figured it's worth a shot. IMO it sounds better than a Splawn Quickrod, just not as brutal as a Nitro
;)

I assume your talking about the 6100 . I had one for like 10 years . very versital amp but they are kinda steril sounding to my ears . Btw I haven't found anything that I like better than a Quickrod . I already have one and thats probably what I'm gonna buy but I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone could throw something out there that maybe I havent thought of .

• Members

I have a Mark IVa in mint condition that also comes with a 4 space anvil rack and conversion kit and a Splawn 2x12 cab or a Mesa 4x10 to choose from both come with roadcases.
Head, Anvil, and your choice of cab with roadcase 2150 shipped
Doesn't seem like what you're looking for but I thought I'd throw it out there.
l_0e428c4efa0f4184ab45a5880e6aac8b.jpg
l_673a551163c845db9269939b6fcadfdb.jpg
l_1ada5f62bdc143058c47420bed656d03.jpg

• Members

I have an Ampeg Lee Jackson VL-1002 I just put up for sale, much MUCH cheaper than what you have to spend, but still... the circuit is based on a hot-rodded JCM800, which is what Lee Jackson was famous for modifying.

From the sound what you're describing as being your ideal sound, a Soldano would probably be something worth looking into. Very much a hot rodded, high quality amp in the Marshall school of sound.

• Members

I have an Egnater Mod 50 in mint condition, and only a couple months old all paperwork, warranty included with the T/D and EG3/4 module. The T/D gets the fender blackface cleans and the EG 3/4 gets a very marshall sound on channel a and b. Both units are dual channel so you get a 4 channel amp. Everything is still stock and has had less than 4 hours use, $2000 + shipping.

Archived