roland SRX VS SR-JV80 cards?

millertime

• Members

should i buy the srx-06 complete orchestra card which contains

sr-jv80 patches for sr-jv80 orchestra,sr-jv80 orchestra 2,and sr-jv80 vocal... or should i get the 3 sr-jv80 cards separately........

i know the srx has 450 patches on it but the sr-jv80 cards would total close to 650 or so?

• Members

Two considerations:

The first is price. One is probably less expensive than three.

The second is compatibility. How many Roland synths still accept the JV cards? How many will accept THREE of them? In the future, SRX cards will probably be compatible with more stuff than the JV's.

• Members

Here's a tip:

The SRX Orchestral board contains all of the waveforms from the SR-JV boards you listed. You could get the SRX-Orchestral board and if you are using a Roland XV product, you could load the SR-JV sounds into the user bank.

Granted, you could only load 128 patches at a time, but you would have access to the best of both worlds.

I don't think this will work with the Fantom X series only the XV series.

Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by The Audacity Works

3x JV-80 cards: 24MB of ROM

1x SRX card: 64MB of ROM

Actually I think that this is one of those Roland "compressed/ uncompressed" specs. SRJV boards are actually 8MB and SRX boards are actually 32MB, and Roland doubles the numbers on both boards with the word "uncompressed" somewhere on the same page. :rolleyes:

Still, an SRX board is four times the size of a SRJV board, and SRX06 contains the waves from both Orchestral boards, the Vocal board, and Super Sound Set I believe... (don't have SRX06, just reading the description)... for $250 new... cheaper used. It would be next to impossible to get all 4 SRJV boards for that price.

I learned something responding though...how to do color. :D

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by b3keys

Here's a tip:

The SRX Orchestral board contains all of the waveforms from the SR-JV boards you listed. You could get the SRX-Orchestral board and if you are using a Roland XV product, you could load the SR-JV sounds into the user bank.

Granted, you could only load 128 patches at a time, but you would have access to the best of both worlds.

I don't think this will work with the Fantom X series only the XV series.

Good luck!

You can load the JV80 card presets in to the Fantom series as well.

You can also load the presets from the XV-5080 into a Fantom S or X.

:eek:

http://www.fantomized.info/downloads/roland/

Archived