Looking For New Amp.. Whatcha Got?

PurpleTeabag

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Peavey JSX Head? It will do all those tones you are looking for. Unfortunately, it would eat up your 700 shipped and you would still need a cab. Footswitch included, and the amp is in absolute Pristine condition.

I wouldn't be able to afford a cab. Thanks for offer though

• Members

I've got a DC-3 that I could prolly part with. Very good condition, no rips or tears. Looks and sounds like you would want it to. I've got the footswitch, bought it from the original owner in Louisville 2 years ago for $750. We might be able to work something out, it'll prolly be a day or two before I can get some pictures up. Let me know if you're interested and where you're located.

• Members

I've got a DC-3 that I could prolly part with. Very good condition, no rips or tears. Looks and sounds like you would want it to. I've got the footswitch, bought it from the original owner in Louisville 2 years ago for $750. We might be able to work something out, it'll prolly be a day or two before I can get some pictures up. Let me know if you're interested and where you're located.

Pm'd. I also located in KY

• Members

Ed Giller built me a clubman clone years ago. Still have it but have moved to a more fenderish sound. Check out the reviews and let me know if you're interested. I'd link to them but I'm on the web via my phone at the moment. I've got pics and audio if you're interested. 600 in eds original cheesey head format. 700 in my wide panel 1x12 cab w eminence redcoat. Superb clean to breakup transition. Ef86 preamp, pentode triode switch, fx loop, etc.

• Members

Ed Giller built me a clubman clone years ago. Still have it but have moved to a more fenderish sound. Check out the reviews and let me know if you're interested. I'd link to them but I'm on the web via my phone at the moment. I've got pics and audio if you're interested. 600 in eds original cheesey head format. 700 in my wide panel 1x12 cab w eminence redcoat. Superb clean to breakup transition. Ef86 preamp, pentode triode switch, fx loop, etc.

Not familiar with them. Any more info?

• Members

You can find reviews for all his amps here.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/brand/Giller

There are two reviews for the clubman and one is mine. Basically ed is a guy who hung out on a couple of forums and would build amps off any schematic you could find. Then he started selling on ebay, then I think he got burnt out. Don't see him offering too much up these days. Solid amps though. Had some students buy some marshall and fender clones and all were stunning in tone and faithful to the originals.

If what you want is more info on clubmans in general, its a single channel ef86 based preamp feeding two el34s.

blessings,

rje

sent from my android phone - please excuse errors.

• Members

You can find reviews for all his amps here.

There are two reviews for the clubman and one is mine. Basically ed is a guy who hung out on a couple of forums and would build amps off any schematic you could find. Then he started selling on ebay, then I think he got burnt out. Don't see him offering too much up these days. Solid amps though. Had some students buy some marshall and fender clones and all were stunning in tone and faithful to the originals.

If what you want is more info on clubmans in general, its a single channel ef86 based preamp feeding two el34s.

blessings,

rje

sent from my android phone - please excuse errors.

I'll check into it. Thanks

Archived