FS or Trade: Marshall DSL 100 (if local I have a Hartke cab also)

curseoftruth

• Members

For sale or trade:

I'll ship amp, prefer not to ship the cab (cab is local only). PM for more info OR email doomedfuzz@yahoo.com

I have freshly re-tubed and professionally modded JCM2000 Marshall DSL100 - all work done by the best in town - Dave Smith of Dabeck Custom Amps ( http://www.dallasvintageguitars.com/repairamp.htm ). New JJ / Tesla E34L / 12AX7 tubes. The factory clipped connections now soldered by Dave, gives greater reliability. He changed out one of the components for one that handles greater output (this is a factory issue with this amp, kind of chokes it and he does this on all JCM2000 amps), its a small resistor or something that has a factory value of 50 and he changes to 100. I'm not technical, so that's the best as I can describe it. Great sounding, versatile, and loud amp! And very reliable. I got this amp new in 2003 and it has served me well, its just not my tone anymore. Amp is in great shape, a few minor nicks in the tolex but nothing major. Comes with factory footswitch.

Cab is a Hartke GH412a 4x12 in like new shape (has less than 15 total hours on it). Cab is switchable between 8 and 16 ohm (or 4 and 8 ohm stereo). The silver tabs on the face in the picture are thumbtacks (factory installed!) where a piece of cardboard was that had all the info about the cab on it, I just haven't taken them out yet. Looks like it had wheels on it but they were removed. I bought as new and the place I bought it from said it came to them that way (new). Will sell the half stack (amp and cab for $850 or $700 for the head, $150 for the cab). Can't beat this price for a great setup. I am willing to sell individually and am open to reasonable offers.

If you are interested in trading, I'm open - interested in Gibson SG guitars, ( Standard preferred, no faded models ), other Gibson guitars ( Les Paul , Thunderbird, ES335, Explorer, RD or Flying V ) or other interesting guitars of equal value such as Edwards, Dan Armstrong, vintage Ibanez, or other vintage / strange guitars). Open to humbucker or P-90 guitars. Interesting amps from Orange or Sunn (no Mesa, Marshall, Peavey, or the likes but maybe an interesting Laney). I'd do a straight up trade for a Fender era Sunn Model T. Maybe some vintage amps from Ampeg, Sound City, Laney, Music Man, or even a Fender Bassman set up. I'm willing to take or throw in cash either way to square up a deal if need be. Additional pix available on request. I just have some old ones at the moment and not together, I'll take some this week. The amp is currently at my rehearsal studio in Fort Worth. I am willing to meet serious people in Dallas or you can come try at my jam room.

3k63m43l45T05Pb5Rca3a3e26ee5fbca519ba.jp

3n03k83pa5T85Pb5R3a3a562a01cfb3f41b55.jp

3nd3k43m65T45P75R5a3a4b530f956f2915b6.jp

3n43kc3p85Ta5Pc5Rba3af1f107ab601a1b05.jp

Archived