New song...I really wanted the keyboard to be realistic

xmor

• Members

Very beautiful track, great melodies. I was too captivated by the music itself to be focusing on the realism of the patches. I did notice the flute, very realistic and wonderfully played. With this track, you've just inspired me in a compositional direction for something I can write for my wife.

• Members

Hi. Nice composition. Very natural sounding for a change here :).

On a certain moment the solo violin starts to arpeggiate. Maybe you should replace that because with that I get the impression you want the song to 'get moving' but the rest of the instruments stay kind of 'lazy', see? :)

But overall very nice.

• Members

Thank you guys! I'm glad I brought something diffrient to the table:D

tucktronix, Glad I was an inspiration!...that's the first time I hear it:)...lol thank you.

Rauzi, the part where the Violin starts like an arpeggiato is actually me playing it. I never use arpeggiato with such techniqs. I know you say the rest of the part sounds lazy but the violin arp is still going actually but I actually didn't make it high enought. I will fix this when I update it later.

Thank you all! I hope to please more people too:)

• Members

Quite good ... nice melodies ... good flow ... though it doesn't have an ending, it just ends. But I guess that's a legitimate style if it's not your dominant mode ... (not sure about the single timpani hit, though.)

as for the piano being realistic, it sounds just fine, but then again, a piano "in the mix" is going to sound less fake than a piano used naked.

If you're striving for realism with sampled sounds, though, I wouldn't rely on using the same patch, so much. While the flute, for example, sounds nice, it's too constant and after a while it becomes apparent it's sampled ... My advice, shorten the section (perhaps add another wind solo or have something come into to complement a less active flute) and add other flute variations (if you hadn't) on notes here and there to give the flute line more variety ... even if on certain notes you drop the flute out to barely perciptible levels ... "mistakes" -- even production "mistakes" imply humanity ...

another sugestion .. when the "serious" section starts, the strings are too thin ... try a few deeper octaves here and there and I think your point will come across more ...

but really, quite good ... you definitely have talent ... don't stop ... but like I needed to tell you that ...

• Members

Originally posted by joekissel@adelp

Quite good ... nice melodies ... good flow ... though it doesn't have an ending, it just ends. But I guess that's a legitimate style if it's not your dominant mode ... (not sure about the single timpani hit, though.)

as for the piano being realistic, it sounds just fine, but then again, a piano "in the mix" is going to sound less fake than a piano used naked.

If you're striving for realism with sampled sounds, though, I wouldn't rely on using the same patch, so much. While the flute, for example, sounds nice, it's too constant and after a while it becomes apparent it's sampled ... My advice, shorten the section (perhaps add another wind solo or have something come into to complement a less active flute) and add other flute variations (if you hadn't) on notes here and there to give the flute line more variety ... even if on certain notes you drop the flute out to barely perciptible levels ... "mistakes" -- even production "mistakes" imply humanity ...

another sugestion .. when the "serious" section starts, the strings are too thin ... try a few deeper octaves here and there and I think your point will come across more ...

but really, quite good ... you definitely have talent ... don't stop ... but like I needed to tell you that ...

Thank you for your detailed suggestion. I'm editing the song again and I will definitly shorten the instrumnt's time. I know the strings sounded thing or the theme strings did but that's the best the Motif-ES can do. I'm trying to edit the sound. your also right, I need to use lower octave strings too. although I did use one, it's pretty weak that it's not showing a full string. As for theh ending, well the way i come up with my music is that I just sit on the keyboard with the sequecer on and either use the string sound or the piano and just go along with whatever I feel in my current states. so the ending was kind of sudden, it needed to clam down more then maybe have a smother ending with the violin or something like it. I'm throughing ideas around right now and I'll see if it comes out nicer or in the dumpster like I usually end up doing..lol but thank you for the detailed suggestion, very helpful:)

Archived