You guys have to heard this song I wrote in less than 10 minutes...pure inspiration

• Members

I was coming up with some chord solos for a tune a guy posted on another forum, as I was doing it...I JUST played this...except for one chord that I had to change...

ALL of this came to me from the beginning to the end. I was in awe...I wish I could control that type of 10 minute writing.

I'm not a classical or a flamenco player at all, but as usual...I just go with the tune.

Enjoy!

My recorded version...I call it Dawn

This is a version after one of my "Internet buddies" threw on a requested cello part...Dawn with Cello

Haha, I sent the copyright papers out Sunday, it made it just in time in a batch that was going out :p

• Members

Really nice, Mike. John McLaughlin better look out.

The combination of guitar with cello is good, good, good.

This is what our distinguished panel said:

Randy: "Dog, you are the BOMB!. I could take you out to LA right now and make a hit!"

Paula: "I just loved it. Stay true to yourself. I want to hug you!"

Simon: "I like you, Mike, I really do, but you sounded like someone I heard at the Holiday Inn last week. That being said, eleven year old girls will just go crazy over your music."

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Virgman

Really nice, Mike. John McLaughlin better look out.

The combination of guitar with cello is good, good, good.

This is what our distinguished panel said:

Randy: "Dog, you are the BOMB!. I could take you out to LA right now and make a hit!"

Paula: "I just loved it. Stay true to yourself. I want to hug you!"

Simon: "I like you, Mike, I really do, but you sounded like someone I heard at the Holiday Inn last week. That being said, eleven year old girls will just go crazy over your music."

:thu:

Haha, with pressure like that, I'm never auditioning for American Idle ;)

• Members

That was really awesome man. I know this is going to sound rediculous but do you ever listen to any Tenacious D? It's Jack Black's band. They are kind of a big joke but they have some really sweet acoustic stuff. Check out the song "Tribute."

• Members

Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

That was really awesome man. I know this is going to sound rediculous but do you ever listen to any Tenacious D? It's Jack Black's band. They are kind of a big joke but they have some really sweet acoustic stuff. Check out the song "Tribute."

Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, I'm envisioning Jack Black prolific voice with his dramatic vocals. Hahaha

• Members

Originally posted by red|dragon

Reminds me of three things:

Al Di Meola's Mignola De Angel

The movie Amelie

Astor Piazzolla

Red, what Dimeola album is that from? I'm sure I have it but just don't know the name. I tried googling for it too and didn't come up with any thing. Please direct me :)

As far as Amelie, is it just the atmosphere of the movie? Or, does it sound like a song from the movie? I'll have to check out that movie.

I'll have to also check out Astor Piazzolla. I just skimmed his biography, looks like someone I'd enjoy. Does this tune sound like anything particular from his catalog?

As you can see, if something is a blantant rip off, I'd like to know. Then I can give refernce to it, or just stop playing it as an "original tune"...er, one by my own creation to put it better. Clue me in if I might've heard this before. I just seems like it's one of those "meant to be tunes", like nothings "figured out" or "forced". It just seems like one of tunes that must already exist somewhere. Thx.

• Members

Eh... Sorry I spelt it wrong:

Milonga Del Angel - DiMeola playing solo on the CD Heart of the Immigrants

Doesn't sound exactly like it, just reminded me of it.

Same for the Amelie and and Piazzolla, mainly when you added the viola.

Definately check out Piazzolla. Bandoneon!

Archived