Suggestions on excerices please (switched to a larger gauge)

• Members

Hello,

I've put on 10-46 strings in place of gauge 9-46 I played for most of my life, and it's so hard to play now. So now I'm playing scales very slowly, one note on one metronome click, and I stop as soon as my left hand strats to ache (each 5-7 minutes). Any one had the same excerience? Help me with your suggestions on how to invent excercises and gym.

Thanks.

• Members

Hello,

I've put on 10-46 strings in place of gauge 9-46 I played for most of my life, and it's so hard to play now. So now I'm playing scales very slowly, one note on one metronome click, and I stop as soon as my left hand strats to ache (each 5-7 minutes). Any one had the same excerience? Help me with your suggestions on how to invent excercises and gym.

Thanks.

I usually use 11's or 12's for my high E. 10's shouldn't be to bad.

Just go slow and steady and in a few weeks you should probably have adjusted to it.

• Members
Step 1: Play your guitar

Step 2: Repeat Step 1

Would it be safe to say that 10's will eventually be as effortless as 9's? I've been playing 9's forever and am thinking about going to 10's to get a fuller sound, but I don't really want to regress to the blister, "damn, my fingers hurt" stage. :)

Brian

Would it be safe to say that 10's will eventually be as effortless as 9's? I've been playing 9's forever and am thinking about going to 10's to get a fuller sound, but I don't really want to regress to the blister, "damn, my fingers hurt" stage.
:)

Brian

I recently moved down to 10's from 13's, and they still feel almost too easy at times to me.

• Members
Would it be safe to say that 10's will eventually be as effortless as 9's? I've been playing 9's forever and am thinking about going to 10's to get a fuller sound, but I don't really want to regress to the blister, "damn, my fingers hurt" stage.
:)

Brian

Hey,

I switched up from 009s a while back (I went to 011s) and I have no problem with them now. Didnt really take long. The cool part about the heavier strings is you can REALLY dig in with your pick and get some nice aggressive tones. I am pleased I switched.

Good luck!

• Members

You know, when i got my SG new, there were Bright Wires 10-46 on it and I didn't have really any problems. They sang brighly and honestly I didn't even care of which gauge that set was and I didn't even notice the 10. After the 9-46 Hard Rock Steel by La Bella, the Bright wires seemd less loosing so I never got back to the Hard Rock Steel again. Then I used Les Paul 9-42 for sometime and then swictehd completely to the 9-46. Now it's the Erine, too hard to play, and they still sound a bit dull. I fell as if there was less gain out of the amplifier thet it used to be.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes, I got a new Gibson with a set of Gibson Bright Wires strings, 10-46. I will tell you, they are fairly easy to play. I feel no difficulty at all. Thus, I can draw a conclusion the Bright Wires are softer than other strings I have had. As they are hardly avalable (only as stock) on the market here. I'm looking for a substitute for the 10-46 Bright Wires to put on my other guitars. Any suggestions?

Archived