Blues Songs Suggestions

Mean

• Members

So I'm really into blues lately and I want to add some standar blues songs to my song vocabulary I already know the basics,12 bar blues,I-IV-V Relations,blues scale,turnaround chords and licks already I just need some not-that-hard songs to add to my vocabulary I love blues rock(heavier stuff,SRV,Hendrix,Cream Clapton,Stooges[yeah i consider them blues :p]Gallagher) but I also like b.b king muddy water robert johnson.

Any suggestions?(Please no songs with slide on them dont want to alternate tune and I never really played with slide)

• Members

Gallagher) but I also like b.b king muddy water robert johnson.

Any suggestions?(Please no songs with slide on them dont want to alternate tune and I never really played with slide)

Eric Clapton's "Blues Power", also re-listen to Derrick and the Dominoes (eg. Bell Bottom Blues).

Early Paul Butterfield (eg. Born in Chicago, Work Song).

• Members

I created a monster blues station on pandora.com I entered the name of every blues legend I could think of, hit play, and started jamming with whatever song the station played. Getting exposure to the big names as well as learning about some new ones. Very inspiring for artists and titles.:thu:

• Members
I created a monster blues station on
pandora.com
I entered the name of every blues legend I could think of, hit play, and started jamming with whatever song the station played. Getting exposure to the big names as well as learning about some new ones. Very inspiring for artists and titles.
:thu:

oh my god this is awesome thanks for the hook up! but yeah, what is the catch?

• Members

The catch is that it's US only:mad:

It's only in the US? Sorry, didn't know that. But no doubt there's another website with similar features. Maybe Google "Internet Radio" or something like that.

The only catch that I know of is that ads pop up on the side of the screen while the music plays...fair deal for commercial free radio. And you can only influence what type of music you want to hear. So you can't choose which Stevie Ray tune you want to hear, you type in his name and Pandora picks which Stevie Ray song will play.

I just made myself a cool reggae station over the weekend. Googled for names of legendary players and programmed them in. Very cool.

• Members

Gallagher) but I also like b.b king muddy water robert johnson.

Well if you got the old' 1-4-5 down like you say then the sky is the limit really. Check out some Jimmy Reed tunes.

Archived