Jimmy Bruno lesson site

• Members

I was a member for a period of time and would highly recommend it.

The lessons are paced very well and updated regularly (at least when I was a member a year ago). It's also reccomended that all students do video submissions; Jimmy Bruno will do video responses to each one, which can be viewed by all on the forum. Jimmy is a great teacher if you ask me. I took a lot from my time spent there.

• Members

I did it for a couple of quarters. You have to buy three months at a time for $60.

For the money, they were the best lessons I've ever taken. You watch a 3 minute video, practice what he shows you until you get it and then watch another short video. I could get through 5 or 6 videos in a couple of hours.

Give Jimmy 3 months of practice for 20 minutes a day and you'll know the fret board for real.

• Members

I did it for a couple of quarters. You have to buy three months at a time for $60.

For the money, they were the best lessons I've ever taken. You watch a 3 minute video, practice what he shows you until you get it and then watch another short video. I could get through 5 or 6 videos in a couple of hours.

Give Jimmy 3 months of practice for 20 minutes a day and you'll know the fret board for real.

Price has been lowered to $40.

I'm probably going to re-enroll some time soon and try to get through the stuff I never made it to.

• Members

The Bruno video on netflix is a good place to start, however it's old.

He has simplified his patterns. He totally dropped the A string patterns because they are the same as the E string patterns with a few notes dropped.

The cool thing with Bruno is that he drops all the jargon and theory nonsense that jazz guitar students think they have to learn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

well gents, I've been a member now for about two weeks or so on Jimmy Bruno's site, and I can say is wow.

Just awesome stuff.

As a note of caution to newbies, this site seems targetted to intermediate and advanced players. If I had a year of playing under my belt, this might be too much too soon. For those with a few years and who would like to learn jazz, it can't be beat.

You know, I actually had a cool teacher who explained all the academic concepts of modes, and their applications on the guitar - he was a cool guy, but made it all so complicated, and thus, daunting. Jimmy's no-nonsense approach is a breath of fresh air.

Archived