Comfortably Numb guitar solos w/tab

• Members

Very nice Jeremy! Looking forward to more. One suggestion, I think it really needs those rakes (1st note, and next time you hit the F#), also it does sound slightly out of tune on a few bends. The one @:35 and a few on the 2nd solo when it moves up high. Please don't take that wrong, just trying to help. And you nailed it overall:thu:

As I said looking forward to more!

• Members

The rake! of course! Damn.

Yeah man, I honestly had some issues with the process of recording it. The take i did with the camera sounded HORRIBLE! So I ended up redoing the audio by using a different recording method then sticking them together.

The whole thing took a lot longer than i wanted so I cut bait and posted. By the time I uploaded it I heard the pitchy-ness you are discussing. I am honestly pretty bad about details when things start taking a longer than I expected. Especially at the pay rate i am getting for doing it : )

The next one will be a different process entirely. Learned a few things on this one.

• Members

The rake! of course! Damn.

Yeah man, I honestly had some issues with the process of recording it. The take i did with the camera sounded HORRIBLE! So I ended up redoing the audio by using a different recording method then sticking them together.

The whole thing took a lot longer than i wanted so I cut bait and posted. By the time I uploaded it I heard the pitchy-ness you are discussing. I am honestly pretty bad about details when things start taking a longer than I expected. Especially at the pay rate i am getting for doing it : )

The next one will be a different process entirely. Learned a few things on this one.

I hear ya! The vids I have made have brought out the same issues. Then I 've had people comment on u2b that it sounds fake because the timing is off:rolleyes:. At the time I was recording them I had to compensate for latency.

Really looking forward to more vids! You're an awesome player! Also, post some vids of you're new band when/if you can.

:thu:

• Members

Thanks, I used a Vox Tonelab multi effects box for the sounds. Works nice once you tweak the hell out of it. I made my own presets.

Mo, ha! Yeah I was pretty scrambled by the time this thing was finishing. Pretty awkward the way I did it (one possible locked sitting position, getting up and down starting and stopping both the video and audio recordings, making sure i didnt move out of my only light- it was quite awful) so it so it didnt exactly inspire the best performance of a long solo with a LOT of subtleties. By the time I settled down and really listened to it it was halfway finished a sizable upload and I was too wrecked to turn back.

Live and learn as they say.

• Members

Nice, I have the Vox Tonelab, too, (the ST) but I'm struggling to get some sounds I really like out of it. Could you tell me the general settings you used for this preset, i.e., which amps, cabs, effects?

Also, for the guys who mentioned pitchiness, at what point in the video would be an example of that. I'm not hearing any noticeable problems but playing in tune on bends is a problem I've been trying to work out for a while so maybe I just can't hear it very well :confused:

• Members

Nice, I have the Vox Tonelab, too, (the ST) but I'm struggling to get some sounds I really like out of it. Could you tell me the general settings you used for this preset, i.e., which amps, cabs, effects?

Also, for the guys who mentioned pitchiness, at what point in the video would be an example of that. I'm not hearing any noticeable problems but playing in tune on bends is a problem I've been trying to work out for a while so maybe I just can't hear it very well
:confused:

One point is in the section around 0.35-0.38..it's very slight, but I know that Jeremy would never usually let that go :)

• Members

Also, for the guys who mentioned pitchiness, at what point in the video would be an example of that. I'm not hearing any noticeable problems but playing in tune on bends is a problem I've been trying to work out for a while so maybe I just can't hear it very well
:confused:

The problem with the Tonelab is that the dials don't move with the preset. So if I look at it now I honestly have no idea which settings I used. I DO know that when I first got it (it was a gift from my daughter so I was determined to make it work) I sat it beside my real amp and A/B'd it against the real thing. I probably messed and twiddled for hours just to get the one good setting. I did a dirty one and a clean setting. Both designed to emulate my live rig. I know that isn't much help but if I can figure out how to get the settings I will certainly pass them on.

Re the pitchy ness. There is really only one good barn burner where Mo suggests. I overshot it and he is right I would normally not leave that. But I didn't catch it until it was too at along to care. The bends are the real drill in this piece so you gotta pay attention.

• Members

Hey all,

Just so you know I did a close up video of the guitar solos from Comfortably Numb. It includes TAB so
if you dig Floyd perhaps this is up your alley

I do and it is - nice work!

Same comments as others re pitchy bends but you've explained that and we know you can play so whatever. Will look forward to more...

Cheers!

• Members

Yeah, I can tell the Tonelab is something I'm going to have to put some time in with to get comfortable. Just hope it's worth the effort...well, a few of the preset settings are pretty good so I guess that makes it worth it.

The pitchiness...I wouldn't have even noticed. I guess training your ears is part of it. I've been working on Santana's version of Black Magic Woman to get more control of my bends. I've got all of the notes figured out but some of the bends..especially the ones leading into pulloffs are tricky. Actually snapped an E string yesterday which I haven't done in years.

• Members

I should say that I don't ever use the Tonelab with an amp. I come directly out of the output and into my sound card via quarter inch cable. It is a great little unit for practicing or quick recordings like these. I'd say it records better than it sounds as an effects unit (I am still a stomp box guy).

• Members

Jade, I am not saying that it isn't good with an amp... I just don't use it that way. I have a rather embarrassingly large pedal board that I love to mess around with full of quality pedals. So I have never spent the time using it with an amp. I suspect with some tweaking efforts it could be used and sound great there too. Honestly I like it. It creates some very organic tones for a decent price.

Archived