What famous tones have you nailed with amp software?

Jimbo513

• Members

I'm curious to hear if anyone has nailed any famous guitar tones using plugins / amp software such as guitar rig 3, amplitube, GTR, etc...

Doesn't matter which software or what tone, just curious and want to know if it's possible before I start getting into the software.

Any famous tone would be cool to hear, but if anyone has nailed tones such as Slash, Hetfield, EVH, that would be super.

Thanks.

• Members

Well, a lot of them are already programmed in there for you.

Can you reproduce the room, ambience, and emotion you hear on a great recording? I'd say it's pretty tough.

But Line6 and Amplitube have both impressed me with their various patches.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but that's as close as you'll get I think.

• Members

I have a DLR era Steve Vai tone that is uncanny, IMO. I got it from CustomTone.com I think. It was awhile ago. I use it quite a bit, and have made variations on effects and such. Quite cool.

That's usually my MO; find good patches, then tweak to taste. For some reason I tend to suck at dialing modelers in from scratch.

• Members

One of the best ones I've stumbled across is the Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love tone in the POD Farm settings. I finally went crazy this weekend when the e-mail came from Line 6 that the whole batch of model packs could be had for $99.95 and went for it.

Now between the KB37/POD Farm dynamo and the Digitech GSP1101 I should be able to make just about any guitar sound I want. I did make a pretty good sound for the Gimme Shelter intro guitar with the GSP1101 that I uploaded to that site.

Archived