Anyone Try Guitar Rig 5 Yet?

Anderton

• Members

Eleven Rack is indeed very cool. But, for the kind of playing I do with lots of sequenced modulation and stuff, Guitar Rig occupies a unique place on my computer.

It seems NI is turning it into more of a signal processor host. I got the Softube Vintage Compressors set for it, and they're really nice but obviously very studio-oriented. I bet if NI had to do it all over again, they'd just call it "Rack."

• Members

I really like the posted clips on the NI site of the two new higher gain amps...I understand that the download version of GR5 is available from September 1st, I will be getting it and will post my thoughts then..the new Control Room Pro feature looks pretty cool too. I've been using GR4 for a while now and love it..suits my purposes perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ok starting to give GR5 a bit of a shake down.. so far very very impressed.. the gap is so narrow between the organic feel of analog and this new breed of sim amp.. thats its not even a factor mho... this package is daunting.. evey var is accounted for as far as i can tell.. but the thing that really sold me on 5 is the or impulse.. the mapping is amazing... try out the new vintage verbs... just astounding.. GR5 gets every color you try to apply to the note.. pick attack, amplitude. they even get the bloom and sag of an amp... there is just way way too much to do this thing a proper review.. but if this what 5 is wonder where they will be by the time they get to 7..

just amazing stuff... mho.

Archived