The Ultimate Tubepedal Thread

Nico de Roode

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Nico de Roode

What's the a tonal difference

The difference is the rate knob on the EHX Wiggler is stupid. Rather than giving a lot of room to dial in slow vibrato, the LFO goes quickly ito the audible range, creating a ring mod effect that's pretty unuseful.

• Members

you may call it so - however that`s more a term ZVEX uses for his "proximity-control",
whereas this one uses a Force Sensitive Resistor,
which is a "pressure-control" - you can roll your foot onto the black pad, or tap on it, and the frequency goes higher, the "heavier" you step on it. Hence the name: "P-WAH".
(no need to mention, that I`m a big P- Funkateer ;) ).

Here`s my friend Larry Graham (formerly of Sly & Family Stone/Prince) of Graham Central Station/GCS 2000,
with his Bass P-Wah prototype (pink pad), which has a resonance peak from 6Hz to 3.5kHz...

LG_P-W~1.JPG

• Members

since i love my wahprobe, im interested in the tube wah since the first time i saw it. i love that non-rockerpedal design. altough i found the older design from the page more beautiful than the one that is on it now. but that is only the optics. have to save a little for when mr puretube ever starts to build his own pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by gappie

since i love my wahprobe, im interested in the tube wah since the first time i saw it. i love that non-rockerpedal design. altough i found the older design from the page more beautiful than the one that is on it now. but that is only the optics. have to save a little for when mr puretube ever starts to build his own pedals.

Is mr puretube a pure prototype designer? Not selling anything but the design?

• Members

Originally posted by Nico de Roode

Sorry could have asked you. But if no production, are you doing this professionally? I mean can you make a living out of R&D?

I`m trying...

(sorry, Nico, for the late reply - since I got this Laptop (winXP),

it`s hard to get access to this forum...)

• 1 month later...

Archived