best chorus pedal????under 300$

MRscratch

• Members

That's kinda why I'm taking a pass on the Analogman Clone Chorus (unless I find one for a good deal), I think I'm going to try to find a vintage EH Small Clone, either that or a secret vintage chorus that I won't talk about until I buy one :D

And johnnywinston is right - no chorus pedals on acoustic guitars - that's what gay Jesus worshippers do!

• Members

The polychorus is my all time fave.

That said, I like the Boss CE-5- nice warm subtle chorusing and readily available anywhere. I like it much better than the more "traditional" (warbley) chorus of the Boss CH-1.

And before another ignorant ass tells me how digital all Boss pedals sound, recall:

All Boss choruses are analog except the CE-20 and the DC-3.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

There are so many flavours of Chorus out there and different people have their preference. Personally I like and prefer analogue chorus that does fat detuned tones right through to the lighter airy stuff ... though I never use the light settings.

Personally the best Choreye I have ever used are the ones I have settled on; both are analogue, early 80's Yamaha pedals ... the CH-01 and the CH10-MII.

If you can find either of these on Ebay I'd get them asap ... best I ever heard.

If you get a spare one of those Simon, let me know.;)

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

If you get a spare one of those Simon, let me know.
;)

Hey Jimbo. ;)

You know I have two of the CH10's but only one of the CH-01's ... one of the CH10's needs a new switch but I prefer the sound of the CH-01, not by much though ... but! I know a place in OZ that has a CH-01 for sale right now, not sure if it's still there though. If you want it I can put you onto them.

I was going to buy it myself but theres no need to be greedy if a mate wants one.

:cool:

• Members

Not many people know about or have even heard the old Yamaha pedals ... they total sleepers, the ducks nuts so to speak.
:)

+1

No one seems to dig them and they are pretty high quality pedals.

shhh...don't tell and we can keep buying them up for not much dough. :)

• Members

Hey Jimbo.
;)

You know I have two of the CH10's but only one of the CH-01's ... one of the CH10's needs a new switch but I prefer the sound of the CH-01, not by much though ... but! I know a place in OZ that has a CH-01 for sale right now, not sure if it's still there though. If you want it I can put you onto them.

I was going to buy it myself but theres no need to be greedy if a mate wants one.

:cool:

I forgot to check back here.:o

Hmmm, sounds like the 01 is the one to get. How much and where?

If you really need you should grab it as I'm not really sure how into chorus I am as yet.

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I forgot to check back here.
:o

Hmmm, sounds like the 01 is the one to get. How much and where?

If you really need you should grab it as I'm not really sure how into chorus I am as yet.

Put it this way, if you buy it and don't like it I'll buy it from you. :)

I'll PM you the details. :cool:

• Members

HI Harmony C. folks,

I just picked up a really nice chorus for about 100.00 dollars; the Ibanez BC-9 "Bi-Mode" chorus. I remember it when it came out in the 80's. I purchased a regular CS-9, and then the BC-9 was released shortly after.

I'm using dual fender twin reverbs , so I thought the bi-mode feature would really benefit. It allows me to really utilize the adverse effects of chorus; it's really 2 chorus in one pedal. It allows independent rate and depth for each output jack. You can get the "doppler" effect which is interesting, or you can set both channels for the same effect. I've heard it's a little bit more "lush" than the CS-9 predecessor.

It's a vintage pedal from the 80's, probably not "true-bypass" , but I really don't ever hear a big differenence with that notion. I would love to check out the MXR re-issue or the analogman's chorus as well; but I'm tapped out for adding more pedals. I've got to invest in a better studio recorder - OUCH!

If you really want a cheap chorus that ain't too bad , try the the johnson for about 40 bucks. It's all metal housed , all analog, a little thin , but it has tone controls, level controls. But it aint, that lush.

see ya,

Donnie Loeffler

• Members

Originally posted by Donnie L.

HI Harmony C. folks,

I just picked up a really nice chorus for about 100.00 dollars; the Ibanez BC-9 "Bi-Mode" chorus. I remember it when it came out in the 80's. I purchased a regular CS-9, and then the BC-9 was released shortly after.

I'm using dual fender twin reverbs , so I thought the bi-mode feature would really benefit. It allows me to really utilize the adverse effects of chorus; it's really 2 chorus in one pedal. It allows independent rate and depth for each output jack. You can get the "doppler" effect which is interesting, or you can set both channels for the same effect. I've heard it's a little bit more "lush" than the CS-9 predecessor.

It's a vintage pedal from the 80's, probably not "true-bypass" , but I really don't ever hear a big differenence with that notion. I would love to check out the MXR re-issue or the analogman's chorus as well; but I'm tapped out for adding more pedals. I've got to invest in a better studio recorder - OUCH!

If you really want a cheap chorus that ain't too bad , try the the johnson for about 40 bucks. It's all metal housed , all analog, a little thin , but it has tone controls, level controls. But it aint, that lush.

see ya,

Donnie Loeffler

I think Peavey put out a Bi-Mode analog chorus pedal too...

probably 20.00 on Ebay somewhere...

?

• 4 months later...

Archived