Which material for a custom pedal board?

Lefty Geek

• Members

I'm building a small two-pedal board because I hate pedals moving around during a gig, and a big pedalboard is an overkill for one band I play in. I want to cover a 6"x10" piece of wood which some material so that velcro will stick. What "easy-to-find" material should I use? Haven't found anything yet except carpetting that is too thick, or material that is not easy to glue to wood.

• Members

Get a nice piece of wood and stain it to make it look good and just use some heavy duty velcro with the adhesive backing so all you see is wood and the pedals. You could search the forum too, there are some really nice looking small boards that people on here have made, some are made out of materials other than wood as well. Good luck!

• Members

The two pedals I will have on the board is a simple Boss tuner and an OD pedal. Since I like to use different pedals, I want the full board to be covered so I can put a pedal anywhere. I might squeeze in a Daneletro Tuna Melt if I need tremolo. I have wood staining material, but I want to go the fully covered route (or at least the top).

• Members

Try your local auto parts store and see if they carry some stuff called Universal Trunk Carpet (or something like that). You'll need a spray type adhesive like 3M Super 77 to make it stick to the board. Once it's on, it holds the velcro real well. It comes in many colors and will run about $10-12 for a 6' x 3' roll. Mine is cover in it.

• Members

Originally posted by TeamoDave

Try your local auto parts store and see if they carry some stuff called Universal Trunk Carpet (or something like that). You'll need a spray type adhesive like 3M Super 77 to make it stick to the board. Once it's on, it holds the velcro real well. It comes in many colors and will run about $10-12 for a 6' x 3' roll. Mine is cover in it.

+1

It'll seem too thick when you first look at it, but once it's on your board you'll see that it's the perfect stuff.

• Members

After searching a few stores, I finally found a roll of "automotvie utility carpet". Got the wood cut, now all I need is to glue the carpet on. Don't feel like spending another $10 for my tiny pedalboard, will simple glue do the trick?

• Members

I just picked up supplies for my board today...

Pics tomorrow...hopefully...

Funny, the most expensive thing was the glue-in-a-can at $13 bucks...

I also bought a power strip for it for 10 bucks...

Deducting those two charges:

Wood

Carpet

Handles

Velcro

-------------

$26.00

Archived