Just killed my Marshall....

• Members

unplug the {censored}in marshall , get a multi meter, disconnect the speaker cord and check the impedance...should be around half an ohm ot an ohm.

if it reads 0 or wide open, the secondary of the OT is {censored}ed..

if it reads ok, you're cool...

next step i would take...

hell man, email me privately at phatjbp@aol.com and i'll talk ya thru testing {censored} to isolate the problem.

(need to know which model marshall, year,etc)

also...before even going that far,

pull the driver tube (the last preamp tube before the power tubes) and replace it with a good 12ax7, even a used one...we just wanna see whether that's the problem....

often with marshalls, the driver blows...the amp will light up and all, but won't pass sound..so start there.

sometimes the primary of the OT goes, but it depends on the model of the axe...

and if a tube shorted out, it will be soaking your B+ to ground thru the cathode of the power tubes, effectively shorting the amp out.

anyways, good luck, if ya have a little electronic experience, you can probably fix her yourself reasonably cheap.....if ya don't, then bring her to a tech.

good luck man

• Members

Originally posted by pinkjimiphoton

unplug the {censored}in marshall , get a multi meter, disconnect the speaker cord and check the impedance...should be around half an ohm ot an ohm.

You better do it NOW!!! He'll come down there and pummel your {censored}*ng face!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by DaSkip

*** Bangs Gavel***

Counselors, is this leading anywhere?

Your honor, If I may be allowed to continue, the testimony and documentatary evidence (cavalierly waiving photo of Valvey in make up with tight pants and big hair), will show conclusively that Valvey is a pointy headstock playing, big hair nancy boy. If I can continue with this line of questioning, I will link the evidence up for the jury.

• Members

Originally posted by us2bslim

Your honor, If I may be allowed to continue, the testimony and documentatary evidence (cavalierly waiving photo of Valvey in make up with tight pants and big hair), will show conclusively that Valvey is a pointy headstock playing, big hair nancy boy. If I can continue with this line of questioning, I will link the evidence up for the jury.

Roflmao! Thanks!

Big Hair Nancy Boy! Classic....

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

You better do it NOW!!! He'll come down there and pummel your {censored}*ng face!!!!
:mad:

LOL...Gainster, you a funny dude!!!

LOL.....

for the record, tube amp repair doesn't require a slide rule OR a proprller beanie....

i just hate to see folks pay big bux to a tech for something they can probably do just fine on their own..

but ...whatever.....now i'll have to pummel YOUR face?:eek::D

Archived