I've devised a new test for when I meet someone new.

jcn37203

• Members
Originally posted by miles mayhem

That sucks. I just had to ho myself out for about two years building flats and platforms, painting {censored}, and running random errands in a class dubbed "Stage Craft I." At that point the asshole in charge let me take over the sound booth. The musicals were more stress than fun (primitive body mics are about the least reliable piece of electronic equipment I have ever encountered), but mixing jazz band and random rock concerts made it all worth it.

See, the stage building and stuff, I'd totally do that. I helped a local theatre company a few weeks ago hang lights and stuff, and that was awesome. I just don't want to act.

:)

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

See, the stage building and stuff, I'd totally do that. I helped a local theatre company a few weeks ago hang lights and stuff, and that was awesome. I just don't want to act.

:)

That kind of work is pretty good I guess, and I think I needed the carpentry experience. I share your sentiments on acting.

• Members

I hate musicals, which has always surprised others because I love music so much. I even love the films Tommy and the Wall, but generally, I hate musicals. A local high school this year did a production of Tommy on stage. I didn't go to see it; I could only imagine how awful it would be. C'mon, there highschoolers, what the {censored} do they know about acting? Though I do know that I'm free, and freedom is a dose of reality. :D

I probably should've joined the A/V club so I could learn some of this {censored}. It would come in pretty handy right now, but I didn't. I didn't want to be too much of a geek. :D

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

I hate musicals, which has always surprised others because I love music so much.

Yup, that's me to a "t". I've never seen a musical I've enjoyed, ever. I think it's because the songs in musical's technically qualify as music, but they have NO passion, nothing interesting in the place of passion, and lameass, non-musician people singing them (such as Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge, ugh.)

Who writes the music in musicals anyways? The same guy who writes the script? :rolleyes::mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Taganov

Yup, that's me to a "t". I've never seen a musical I've enjoyed, ever. I think it's because the songs in musical's technically qualify as music, but they have NO passion, nothing interesting in the place of passion, and lameass, non-musician people singing them (such as Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge, ugh.)

Who writes the music in musicals anyways? The same guy who writes the script?
:rolleyes::mad:

I would have to imagine so.

• Members

I disliked Grease and have never seen Les Miserables.

However, I do like the old time musicals. Both my parents played in the orchestra pit for the musicals playing at our local playhouse so I was able to get in free and sit in the balcony.

I used to make fun of the musicals back then but now they have such a nostalgic quality that I get teary eyed during some of the songs because the remind me of both happier days and of my mother, who passed away five years ago.

The ones I remember most fondly are:

Fiddler On The Roof

Carousel

Annie Get Your Gun

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

Music Man

Kiss Me Kate

Gypsy

Man of La Mancha

• Members
Originally posted by Taganov

Grease is the worst movie ever. How can anyone like that {censored}e.
:mad:

I love Grease. I own the DVD AND the soundtrack! :) Know every word to every song. Seen the movie probaby more than any other movie except Star Wars. Saw the musical and it sucked.

Come on Tag, clap with me!! "summer lovin' had me a blast" :)

Who writes the music in musicals anyways? The same guy who writes the script?

Buncha {censored}in' no name non musical losers. Andrew Lloyd Webber, Rodgers & Hammerstein. I mean...who the {censored} are they? :mad:

:p

Hopelessly Devoted,
Thelonius

Archived