And now for an on topic post..My wah search is finally over!!!

riffpowers

• Members

After mulling over the options(teese, fulltone,vox,dunlop,budda)I ended up going for the chicago iron parachute wah.

parachute.jpg

I wanted something a bit different to go with my sludgy matamp.I was gonna go fro the teese wizard, but I saw this on ebay uk and went for it.A bit of a risk as its expensive and pretty rare so I've not played or heard one before, but I went for it anyway.

I love it!!At first I was a bit confused, this isn't anything like a regular wah.At the start of the pedals travel its real quiet and as you move it you get wierd analog synth sounds.Also the unit is very big, and the treddle's travel is so wide its hard to go all the way through it without having to reposition your foot.The sounds are in there, it just takes a bit of getting used to to get the best out of it.

But after spending some time with it I think its great. I can get real vowel like sounds, almost like a talk box, a bit like that 1st song on the new BLS cd.The range is very wide, and I also notice that just a small movement of the treddle can miss the spot you're aiming for, so accuracy is vital to getting a good sound.Now that I've got used to it I love it!!!Apart from the unique tone and massive sweep I like the fact that it really cuts through with my amp sound.I backed off the gain ,bass and turned up the treble and I thought it sounded very bright, so when I have it set how I normally play it cuts through great with a dark sludgy amp,whereas I usually find the opposite is true.

Seems to be solid and well made and VERY heavy.And it has a battery clip inside it, thats my pet hate with boutique stuff.They spend time on money on the best components, then your battery gets rattled around inside it potentially damaging them.Doesn't make sense to me.Nice to see chicago iron went to the bother of putting a clip in the case.

The verdict??Expensive but worth it.I'm even gonna spend a bit extra on it and get the wooden stash box as well as mine didn't have it.

Anyone else tried one??

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

like the looks of it....

any clips ?

I think you should buy one, just because he got to own one before you...

Honestly though, the parachute is a great wah. I'd like to own one if they weren't so pricey in the states... I guess I'll stick with my wtf?! wah for now. How much did you shell out for yours?

• Members

I heard some sound samples once I thought they were fantastic.

I've never fully settled on a wah. I have a crybaby and an RMC1. I don't use either. I think I just don't like wah much. Or maybe I haven't found the right one.

So congratulations. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I heard some sound samples once I thought they were fantastic.

I've never fully settled on a wah. I have a crybaby and an RMC1. I don't use either. I think I just don't like wah much. Or maybe I haven't found the right one.

So congratulations.
:D

I've been going around and around with wah for a while now. Had an RMC1, it was pretty nice i forget why i got rid of it. I wasn't crazy about the short throw and volume boost though.

Recently had an Ibanez WD7. It was actually pretty great. It got some great growly sounds and the switchless feature was really good. I gave it to my brudda because some of my fuzzes didn't like the buffered bypass (yeah i know they claim to be TBP) and i didn't want to put it in a bypass loop. Despite it's metal housing it had a "cheap" feel to it.

Just got a whine-o-wah. It seems perfect for me so far, very "wahy" (it has two inductors), wide throw. It seems built like a tank, it weighs about fifty pounds. I'm diggin it.

I guess this was the wrong place for this little mini review.:(

• Members

Originally posted by Blungo

I've been going around and around with wah for a while now. Had an RMC1, it was pretty nice i forget why i got rid of it. I wasn't crazy about the short throw and volume boost though.

Recently had an Ibanez WD7. It was actually pretty great. It got some great growly sounds and the switchless feature was really good. I gave it to my brudda because some of my fuzzes didn't like the buffered bypass (yeah i know they claim to be TBP) and i didn't want to put it in a bypass loop. Despite it's metal housing it had a "cheap" feel to it.

Just got a whine-o-wah. It seems perfect for me so far, very "wahy" (it has two inductors), wide throw. It seems built like a tank, it weighs about fifty pounds. I'm diggin it.

I guess this was the wrong place for this little mini review.
:(

LOL!! Well I enjoyed it.

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

seems to be a little of both

Yes.Its got a very wide sweep, and even moving your foot a little gives you a big asweep, so theres a lot to play with.I had to re-learn my technique a little,its so expressive you have to really "play" it rather than just move your foot around.

the clips here show a little better what it can do.

Imagine a wah that you could use as a volume pedal, a wah pedal, a talk box,a crazy analog synth,a phaser, and had a massive sweep and that REALLY cuts through and has a unique sound too.Its almost like an instrument itself!!

Archived