OT: Met some Americans the other day...

• Members
Originally posted by corso

English/Irish breakfast rules. I get it for dinner at my local Irish pub...baked beans for breakfast with eggs? How do you guys stand each other?
:D

I sometimes have beans with tuna. YUMMYSMELLYTUMMY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah the difference between the Queens English and American English.

Many years ago I dated a girl from Manchester. I was visiting over the Christman holidays and we planned to hitch hike down to London for new years. Anyway, we hadn't gotten up before noon the whole time I was there, yet we wanted to get an early start. Her mom asked if we would like to be "knocked up in the morning." After laughing hysterically for a couple of minutes I explained to them that "knocked up" means getting a girl pregnant here in the States.

Another time we were taking a trip to Yosemite with my dad and two of my brothers. It's a bout a five hour drive from where I grew up and along the way my dad kept saying "My fanny is getting sore". My girl friend keeps laughing at this, and I'm thinking she's nuts. She latter explained to me that "fanny" in England means "{censored}" over here. Here in the US "fanny" means butt.

• Members

I'm beginning to get confused. Is this the breakfast thread or the I met a couple of yanks thread. I guess it's ok for me to be here since I accomplished both feats today. Of course I live in the US.

rock

bford

I'm fixinto make me some breakfast for supper.

Archived