Wah Pedals....What to Buy???

• Members

Teese Picture Wah or Dunlop 535Q?? There are probably lots more choices. I liked my Vox, but I had a love/hate relationship with it. Sucked tone, didn't have an LED light and wasn't true bypass. At times it sounded great, but most of the time, I wanted something better. Nice smooth vocal range, not too nasal with a nice sweep. Classic Wah tones, nothing outrageus like a Fuzz Wah.

Jack

• Members

You could always post your Vox Wah to Robert Keeley and have the "Mello Wah" mods done for $179?

True Bypass, LED, Three Way bass switch, dual inductors, mid range gain pot and general upgrade for all the important parts. I found mine much better than the 535Q I had before.

Good luck...

• Members

Originally posted by Janglin_Jack

Teese Picture Wah or Dunlop 535Q?? There are probably lots more choices. I liked my Vox, but I had a love/hate relationship with it. Sucked tone, didn't have an LED light and wasn't true bypass. At times it sounded great, but most of the time, I wanted something better. Nice smooth vocal range, not too nasal with a nice sweep. Classic Wah tones, nothing outrageus like a Fuzz Wah.

Jack

Yeah I had a vox and would describe it exactly the same way'

Get a Teese Picture Wah - you won't be disappointed - it's a no brainer

• Members

From a value standpoint I am looking at the 535Q. From a boo-teek standpoint, I am very interested in the Teese. What is the difference with the Picture Wah, vs the RMC series. Is it just the tweak-ability of the RMC? Do they have the same basic "tone" and sweep?

Jack

• Members

Originally posted by Janglin_Jack

From a value standpoint I am looking at the 535Q. From a boo-teek standpoint, I am very interested in the Teese. What is the difference with the Picture Wah, vs the RMC series. Is it just the tweak-ability of the RMC? Do they have the same basic "tone" and sweep?

Jack

yeah, it's the tweakability but the other wahs have a different inductor. the halo inductor lets through a little more of your natural guitar sound and is a little more vintage sounding.

there is also the wheels of fire wah which i don't think is on the site. that is the only other one with that inductor and does have some adjustment options. not sure if you can get the exact picture wah sound out of it but it's the same price. the downside is you'd have to wait for it as that particular wah is a custom order.

Archived