BandofTheives... I need the 411 on a SG

RoboPimp

• Members

I'm not sure that's an SG special...if it were, wouldn't you see screw marks from the large guard? otherwise the space between the end of the fretboard and the first mini is too big for a small guard SG. The pickguard definitely looks not original (it's a single-ply, right?). There were some early 70's models that had minis and two pickgaurd sections, one arond the controls and the regular pickgaurd, but I'm not sure this is one of them (I think it was called SGII or something like that). Tough call, but if it sounds good and you get a good price...I probably wouldn't pay more than 800-900 for it max...

• Members

Originally posted by gearnut

I'm not sure that's an SG special...if it were, wouldn't you see screw marks from the large guard? otherwise the space between the end of the fretboard and the first mini is too big for a small guard SG. The pickguard definitely looks not original (it's a single-ply, right?). There were some early 70's models that had minis and two pickgaurd sections, one arond the controls and the regular pickgaurd, but I'm not sure this is one of them (I think it was called SGII or something like that). Tough call, but if it sounds good and you get a good price...I probably wouldn't pay more than 800-900 for it max...

SG SPECIAL SG 111

Not a tough call at all.I think that is why he asked me..;)

• Members

I've got one of these( a '74) that's had the neck broken,and it was a good guitar before the accident.It should have a 17 degree headstock pitch and the same neck pitch as the 60's models.The pickups seem to have a little more gain than stock LP mini's from this era,IMO.If it's real clean,maybe $800 to $1000 tops.That pickguard looks too shiny,so I would ask.Happy hunting!

• 7 years later...

Archived