Pedals that you've sold and then bought back:

Lanefair

• Members

I sold a Tech 21 NYC bass compactor because I thought my Boss limiter was better, a few years on I realise the error of my ways and I'm contemplating swapping back.

Anyone else had second thoughts about a pedal and bought it back? It seems like a nasty habit to get into.

• Members

The Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion. I used one for a while about 15 years ago, then got a Rat 2 and sold the SD9. Out of nostalgia, I got another one about four years ago, but thought it sounded too tinny and buzzy, and sold it. Finally, I tried another old one again last year, and was clued in that it sounds best with the tone knob toward the left rather than in the middle, and with the gain knob only halfway up. Now I love it and use it all the time.

• Members

It just occurred to me that I have NEVER sold a pedal. I just accumulate them in trunks and boxes in my closet. I have always looked at them as investments. Well, a good number of them anyway.

• Members

I wouldn't say that they are pedals in a technical sense, but I've owned two Alesis Philtres. I sold the first back before our new lord and master, Musician's F®iend, received a second shipment of MODfx units. I actually did so after only 2 months of tinkering with the Philtre ... and before trying any other devices with similar features.

In the interim between periods of Philtre ownership, I traded some gear for a high dollar analog filter, the Studio Electronics ModMax Filter. I ended up being greatly disappointed by its inherent noise level and poor response to the nuances of a guitar signal.

Thankfully, I was able to score another Philtre cheap from MF and finally learned what magic is possible with just a little adjustment of the trimmer. I definitely won't be so hasty this time ... especially given how well it interacts with my Bitrman.

(Paid for by the Musician's Friend mole fund)

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

Let me know if you reach the verge of breakdown on either of those...

I built clones of both that I could be convinced to part with.

:)

Thanks for the offer but as those pedals are English as am I they are quite cheap.

Archived