Who's the greatest American? Reagan!

• Members

Originally posted by dealer

what are the reasons you think that reagan was not a great american?

do tell.

a.

that'd be the bit where he sold weapons to all the countries that are killing American soldiers now.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by kerb

that'd be the bit where he sold weapons to all the countries that are killing American soldiers now.

ahhh, that's right, his inability to see into the future. just like when the CIA trained bin laden, forgetting that he'd mastermind 9/11.

got it.

a.

• Members

ahhh, that's right, his inability to see into the future. just like when the CIA trained bin laden, forgetting that he'd mastermind 9/11.

got it.

a.

your sarcasm betrays how little you understand about the situation. "iran-contra". hit up a history book, see what you don't learn.

• Members

Originally posted by kerb

Hell Iran was killing American soldiers then (well funding groups that did it).

• Members

Originally posted by auditorium

your sarcasm betrays how little you understand about the situation. "iran-contra". hit up a history book, see what you don't learn.

That's one angle. Illegally funding (against the explicit orders of Congress) rebel armies to drag out the senseless and brutal wars in Central America. Remember those raped nuns and murdered priests?

How about his slashing of funds for social services in the US, sending an untold number of mentally-ill homeless persons onto our streets? Remember "ketchup is a vegetable?" That was his administration's approach to school lunches. Nice.

I could go on, but discussing Reagan makes my stomach hurt.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

That's one angle. Illegally funding (against the explicit orders of Congress) rebel armies to drag out the senseless and brutal wars in Central America. Remember those raped nuns and murdered priests?

How about his slashing of funds for social services in the US, sending an untold number of mentally-ill homeless persons onto our streets? Remember "ketchup is a vegetable?" That was his administration's approach to school lunches. Nice.

I could go on, but discussing Reagan makes my stomach hurt.

My favorite was to get Ketchup listed as a vegatable for school lunch programs.

• Members

Ben Franklin has got to be the most well-rounded American to ever grace the soil of this country.

{censored}ing Reagan? Get real. The only reason that goon would even come close to getting my vote is the fact that he owned a Jeep Scrambler.

This guy voted for Reagan as Greatest American:
1078519803.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

He was a horrible actor.

He was front and center for the black listing of many actors in the 50s.

Another horrible actor is now the governor of California and the time is ripe for another McCarthy commission.

• Members

ahhh, that's right, his inability to see into the future.

I'm pretty sure that's part of the job description for politicians. :confused:

You think the Greatest American should make crass decisions without thinking of consequences.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Nancy (Davis) Reagan was widely known around LA as giving the best head in Hollywood. I kid you not. That's gotta count for something, doesn't it?

I think I heard this from HST, so I don't know how far I trust it...that said...really funny. :D

• Members
Originally posted by TigerInATrance

That show proved that the american people are foolish morons with no concept of what their country is really supposed to be all about.

So is the country supposed to be about what you agree with and nothing more? This is another example of someone who believes that their perspective is obviously correct and everyone else is a moron. I only see about 50 of these a day on here.
:rolleyes:

Abe Lincoln caused the Civil War...

If you honestly believe that statement, then you really need to do some reading. Ever hear of John Brown? Harpers Ferry? A far more likely President to blame would be James Buchanan for his inactivity. Licoln inherited a situation that was coming to a head whether he liked it or not.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Yay! I heard about this Discovery Channel show in passing. I wasn't emotionally wrapped up in it or anything but when I see that Reagan was in the top 10 I knew he'd win and I knew it was a conspiracy. It could be that Americans really believe that. In which case that could be cause all the media does is pushes the greatness of this puppet in late stages of Alzheimer's as being a great American. I mean America voted for the results on this show it must be so. Everyday I try to live my life and hope that overall we will all make the right choices for this country and ultimately the world. But I am increasingly feeling like no chance in hell.

Reminds me of when I went to Hannity's page and they were asking "Should Reagan be put on the US money?" Yes or No. Air America's Majority report mentioned that people should go vote NO. So 8000 "no's" and 150 "yes's" were cast. Later they had to change the question to "What denomination should Ronald Reagan's likeness be put on?"

Air America? The moment you stated that I tuned you out as being just as partisan as anyone else here.

Is the cheese on that table over there? Because the whine over here is pretty good.

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

Air America? The moment you stated that I tuned you out as being just as partisan as anyone else here.

Is the cheese on that table over there? Because the whine over here is pretty good.

So he reads Hannity's web page and listens to Air America. Sounds balanced to me.

• Members

I think there is a lot of sympathy for Ronald Reagan, and a lot of people probably feel nostalgic about him.

I have mixed feelings about him. At least he had some charisma, which neither of the bushes do. I'm almost shocked that hanity would align himself with reagan. Although Reagan spent a lot of time talking to the far right, his policies in many cases were similar to clintons. Both of them are probably the most center presidents we have had in the last 50 years.

Anyways, Greatest American by far: Ben Franklin.

BTW some of that {censored} on hanitys page is so gay.... i mean "hanity date"

• Members
Originally posted by auditorium

I think I heard this from HST, so I don't know how far I trust it...that said...
really
funny.
:D

I've read it a few places over the years. I think it was Peter Lawford who actually said it. I don't find her that attractive, so there must've been some reason for such folks as Lawford, Sinatra, Clark Gable, etc. to have not kicked her out of bed.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

So he reads Hannity's web page and listens to Air America. Sounds balanced to me.

Do you REALLY think he's reading Hanity's page for opposing viewpoint or to find more things to be outraged and pissed about?

• Members

Do you REALLY think he's reading Hanity's page for opposing viewpoint or to find more things to be outraged and pissed about?

I dunno, but you just said a second ago that you were tuning him out completely for even mentioning Air America. So I can't imagine that you are anywhere near approaching balanced.

At least someone who reads the rhetoric of the party he opposes is aware of where they're coming from, and reading it from the horses mouth, instead of falling back on reinterpretation through the partisan filters of liberal/conservative media sources.

• Members

got it.

a.

When one considers what the countries were like at the time, well, it doesn't really take a crystal ball.

If a raving crackhead asks to buy a gun off of you, do you sell it to him?

• Members

I can not read his mind, do you claim to have that ability? He said he reads it, maybe he listens to Air America to get pissed off. I do know that he comes from a family with a heavy millitary background, and that would suggest a lean to the right.

Archived