To those in Charlotte

hangwire

• Members

I am sorry to say this, but YOUR TOWN HAS THE {censored}ING WORST AIRPORT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN!!!!! :mad:

It is planned poorly with no space to check without causing massive lines

There are no late flights to anywhere!!! I needed anything in the midwest at 9pm when i go rerouted due to weather, and you had nothing to chicago, milwaukee, rockford, madison, gary... but 3 {censored}ing flights to greenville, SC!!!!

If you spend teh night in theairport, there is NO food if you are much past 9pm... just one crappy "deli"... hello... at ANY other airport [i next went through Cinniciatti and hello, small ass airport with places to eat and sleep!!!!!] you have something available to pisssed off people who just want to get a bite and be safe while trying to get some shuteye... no concourse waiting for us... not allowed, i stayed up all night because anyone could get where we were just by walking in...

and not my compalints, but of 4 passengers who shows up 10 to 15 minutes late to their flight to Montreal this morning... your {censored}ing security check is rediculous! it took those last poor few guys 3 hours to make it through and they were there before the airport opened its lines! ... and for all that, it was one of the biggest show but no real check places I went through in the last week... I fogot to empty out my metal billfold and I passed through... that {censored}er looks like a folder knife in the x ray machine!!! and it pinged twice with the walkthrough and they just pushed me through!

ok rant over... I am sure Charlotte has soem ncie qualities, but I never plan on going through that airport as long as I can help it ever again!

• Members

I spent Monday night sleeping on the floor in Charlotte. I've never seen an airport completely close so early. Not only that, I nearly frooze to death in there! The only place there is carpet to lay on is also where the (very large) AC registers are. The air coming out of those must of been like 50. My freakin' teeth were chattering. Luckily, there was a Jaguar on display and I literally slept under it to keep the AC from blowing directly on me....yes I checked the doors. If you ever find yourself in this situation, whatever you do, don't drink the coffee from the vending machine....I warned you......

• Members

Originally posted by edster

I spent Monday night sleeping on the floor in Charlotte. I've never seen an airport completely close so early. Not only that, I nearly frooze to death in there! The only place there is carpet to lay on is also where the (very large) AC registers are. The air coming out of those must of been like 50. My freakin' teeth were chattering. Luckily, there was a Jaguar on display and I literally slept under it to keep the AC from blowing directly on me....yes I checked the doors. If you ever find yourself in this situation, whatever you do, don't drink the coffee from the vending machine....I warned you......

we were all the way at the end where the delta counter was, entrenece to concourse A... I was shocked that at a litte past 9pm, we counldn't get into teh councourse for teh night, and barely could get any diner for the long night at that one place downstairs... I woudl expect that at a small regional airport, but it is an INTERNATIONAL airport! Seriously!!!! I delight in flying from Milwaukee because it has such a nice easy set up... plenty of shops/eats in a close centeral location that is fairly safe, and intersting shops inside the secured concourses.... where you can get soem decent sleep on a row of chairs or teh floor without freezeing/developing a back issue.

• Members

I've probably spent more time in Charlotte on layovers than anywhere else in the country and I've seen a lot worse. Granted, I've never spent an evening there, but it's pretty straight forward for a larger airport and the food is pretty damned good...

I mean, where else in the country can you get barbeque beef sandwiches cooked right in front of you. They even through in a deep fried pickle! Talk about culture shock!

• Members
Originally posted by The*Ataris

I've probably spent more time in Charlotte on layovers than anywhere else in the country and I've seen a lot worse. Granted, I've never spent an evening there, but it's pretty straight forward for a larger airport and the food is pretty damned good...

I mean, where else in the country can you get barbeque beef sandwiches cooked right in front of you. They even through in a deep fried pickle! Talk about culture shock!

yes, but if it gets dark outside, you can't get into that area and are stuck with just that deli on the baggage claim level... it didn't amke any sense... the security shoudl be puched back into the actual concourse hallways, and the front of the building needs to be at least 10 feet wider ... it just looks like a stockyard... and I have been to a LOT of airports in my life... so it is an especially bad mark against Charlotte

Archived