Rock Star; INXS

jcn37203

• Members

INXS has a special place in my heart. One of the first bands I ever "discovered", as in found out about from somewhere other than my dad's stack of vinyl.

Also Hutchence was my first gay crush.

So, I fully realize this show is, in effect, dressing a corpse up in a clown outfit and puppeting it around like a Vaudville act.

My eyes are glued.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by StevieRV

I'm glad some people agree with me about the quality (or lack thereof) of the singers. I was beginning to think my standards are unfair!
:mad:

no, most of them suck pretty bad. :p

this show is no worse than anything else in pop culture, imo. it's all the same drivel crapola. nothing to get feeling superior about b/c you don't watch it. :p

• Members

well, i'm not the one who proclaimed kelly clarkson to be in a league far above the singers from this rockstar show. she's a mall rat with a less than average voice at best. it's embarrassingly average. that's not an opinion, it's a fact. jealous? not of her supposed "talent," don't be silly. does it bother me that an industry that's already hard enough for REAL talent to emerge from is promoting the careers of the banal, the weekend karaokers who fancy themselves to be in the same league as those who have sweat the details, & real blood, guts & tears? you bet!!!

and for the record, i don't watch ai. the idea, in and of itself, is enough to piss me off. that, and hearing ms clarkson sing was enough to keep me away. i've been watching this one because i like navarro. and these singers, irreguardless of their talent, or lack thereof, at least feel a bit more realistic. they're not a group of kids who spend time, when they're not mall-hangin', daydreaming in front of a mirror. this group actually has put in the time. the black guy, for instance, has toured as a backup for clapton & tina turner, yeah, the premise still rubs me the wrong way, but the band ain't half bad, & the repertoire is a LOT more fun to listen to.

ml

Originally posted by Thelonius

You sure are staking out pretty high ground there for a fellow who watches reality tv contest shows.
:p

• Members
Originally posted by badmuddy

well, i'm not the one who proclaimed kelly clarkson to be in a league far above the singers from this rockstar show. she's a mall rat with a less than average voice at best. it's embarrassingly average. that's not an opinion, it's a fact. jealous? not of her supposed "talent," don't be silly. does it bother me that an industry that's already hard enough for REAL talent to emerge from is promoting the careers of the banal, the weekend karaokers who fancy themselves to be in the same league as those who have sweat the details, & real blood, guts & tears? you bet!!!

and for the record, i don't watch ai. the idea, in and of itself, is enough to piss me off. that, and hearing ms clarkson sing was enough to keep me away. i've been watching this one because i like navarro. and these singers, irreguardless of their talent, or lack thereof, at least feel a bit more realistic. they're not a group of kids who spend time, when they're not mall-hangin', daydreaming in front of a mirror. this group actually has put in the time. the black guy, for instance, has toured as a backup for clapton & tina turner, yeah, the premise still rubs me the wrong way, but the band ain't half bad, & the repertoire is a LOT more fun to listen to.

ml

I think you need a hug :(

And a couple ears!:p

• Members
Originally posted by badmuddy

ml

LOL!!! You said irregardless. Very funny.

And you like Dave Navarro. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

:)

• Members

i just think its a shame that INXS, a band that has actually released some quality music in the past has to resort to this to find a replacement for Hutchence... who obviously cant be replaced with any of those poser dorks on that show... and to go on TV and make a show of it? terrible. But thats just me. :p

Archived