so what ever happened to those Danelectro Wasabi pedals?

hangwire

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

the wasabi pedals came out, sucked royally, never heard about them again.

Certainly don't suck, I picked up a bunch when GC blew them out for $20 a piece.

THe OD was cool, kind of a TS sound but with a tone switch to make it more middley, trebley, what have ya. The distortion was probably pick of the litter, some really trashy sounds with the tone selector and the boost, basic tone sounded like a pumped up RAT to my ears. The Rockabye was basiccally like a Marc Ribot sound in the box, gnarly booster, analog-voiced delay.

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

Certainly don't suck, I picked up a bunch when GC blew them out for $20 a piece.

THe OD was cool, kind of a TS sound but with a tone switch to make it more middley, trebley, what have ya. The distortion was probably pick of the litter, some really trashy sounds with the tone selector and the boost, basic tone sounded like a pumped up RAT to my ears. The Rockabye was basiccally like a Marc Ribot sound in the box, gnarly booster, analog-voiced delay.

+1. I have the OD and Dist as well. (also purchased when GC was blowing them out) They take alot of fiddling, but there are some good tones in there. Just stay away from the hidden switch on the Dist (why did they put delay in a distortion pedal

:rolleyes: )

I actually prefer the OD slightly over the Dist. but they're both decent (esp. for the price). Haven't got a chance to try the Rock-a-Bye yet.

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

so where can they be found?

i would check Ebay.

the wasabi pedals were great. The pedal with the tremelo/chorus especially was nice.

BTW the Fab pedals are for real! check my other thread for more info.

Archived