Which forumites would you be in a band with?

• Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i tell you who i wouldn't be in a band with!

The Gainster!!!

his damn fine tone would embarrass me!
:p

negatory for me.

If I was in a band with Gaintser, My ass would be four axe handles and a chaw of tobacco wide.

It's going to be hard enough with me and us2bslim in a band.

*play 3 songs* "ok ribs time!!"

:D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My list is almost identical to Thel's. I gots to play some pop and some country and Thelonius could write some bitchin' songs and labor over the recordings. I think he should sing too. I'm wondering what wankage he is shyly holding back.

I would also go with Kid A....cause the stuff I've heard is cool, and he seems pretty easy going.

I think it would be cool to try stuff with Palethegiraffe, Billygrahamcracker as well as GinBoonMiller. All those guys seem to be interested in smart...yet accessible music.

Dave Esmond would be bitchin' if for no other reason than he understands the allure of the nudie suit and has cool taste in music and gear....I want the album cover to have everybody in matching suits...with a bitchin' cover of "Act Naturally."

I am not much of a wanker so I don't know that I could bring the RRRROOOCKKK enough to satisfy my Bar Brother valvey....he'd just get pissed when I wanted to sing a sardonic love song.

Am I the only one that thinks DeLorean would be a hoot. I don't know that we have much of anything in common musically, but he's funny, has a hot wife and brings the rock and those might be enough things that we have in common to make the thing work.

I do need to know who's bringin' the BBQ, Tater Salad, and Banana Pie. Cause if I'm fixin' to mow down at the hoe down, a brothas gotta eat.

• Members

Originally posted by us2bslim

I do need to know who's bringin' the BBQ, Tater Salad, and Banana Pie. Cause if I'm fixin' to mow down at the hoe down, a brothas gotta eat.

forget not the iced tea.

• Members

Originally posted by TexGtr

forget not the iced tea.

Yea verily. Neither shalt though scornest the Shiner Bock.

You sir, are also kindly invited to the how down, as you seem to have an appropriate appreciation for the twisted and fuzzy.

• Members

Originally posted by us2bslim

Yea verily. Neither shalt though scornest the Shiner Bock.

You sir, are also kindly invited to the how down, as you seem to have an appropriate appreciation for the twisted and fuzzy.

Ill bring a case of Shiner, even though i am more of a Red Stripe man!

speaking of, ever found Shiner Kosmos??? About 7 years ago i found ONE six pack of the stuff and havent even seen it since. 9.75%, stout enough to knock one on thy ass within two, three beers.

• Members

Ill bring a case of Shiner, even though i am more of a Red Stripe man!

speaking of, ever found Shiner Kosmos??? About 7 years ago i found ONE six pack of the stuff and havent even seen it since. 9.75%, stout enough to knock one on thy ass within two, three beers.

Nope...never seen it.

I'm likin' some of the Woodchuck Cider...it ain't 9.75, but its stronger than most domestics, and is a delightfully refreshing summer beverage.

• Members

YOu have got to bring the Andersons!

EDIT: BTW, how do you like the Dabeck?

Yep, the Anderson's would definately come along. I don't have a Dabeck *yet* but I do truly love his amps. A used (but excellent) Marshall DSL 50 arrived today. Sounds pretty cool combined with the KT-45. :cool:

• Members

Dang, I'm on a lot of lists. I must've snowed you guys into thinking I can play or something...

I'll play with anyone, once, provided no one is around to hear it the first time... :)

I think delorean and I need to do a set of dos cover tunes, with the bass duet section of Ornette Coleman's "Free Jazz" as an encore.

elctmist, ck3 and I should lay down a massive noisefest that would be entertaining to no one but ourselves.

Thelonius, BillyGrahamCracker, us2bslim all appeal greatly to my Big Star worshipping power pop self -- there are others, but it's late...

I wanna play with Roy Brooks, although mostly I wanna hear him. And I'd have to play tuba, because I suspect his playing smokes mine.

I'd like to set up a jam session with Gainster and Rev, and then fake gear trouble so I could sit back and eat all the food and drink all the beer and listen for a couple hours.

Ivor The Engine Driver and I could probably start the greatest band ever together, which would sound nothing like anything either of us have posted here before. bobby yarrow will produce and ugly steeple fear will lay down tasty guitar solos on that record.

And I suspect that a collaboration with themeanreds will actually play out within six months.

poniutsplaymate and I need to work together, too.

And you. I keep forgetting you. That would be the best one of all.

Unless you're (((echo))). I refuse to play with you out of spite.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

How did I know this was going to turn into a cocksucking contest?
;)

I would jam with all the people that you people wouldn't jam with. We will be called the Outcasts. We will make bitter rock that kicks your soul...

turn INTO a cocksucking contest? :rolleyes:

Dude, how could this thread BE anything but a cocksucking contest?

(((echo))) -- nothing personal -- I just wanted to contribute to the random-(((echo)))-exclusion thing we got going here.

(you bastard. :mad: )

• Members
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

elctmist, ck3 and I should lay down a massive noisefest that would be entertaining to no one but ourselves.

I am surprised that I have been named in someone's list ... :D ... and feel pathetic for lurking until this was the case ... :(

I haven't really listened to enough music from fellow forumites to form a solid impression of who would be an ideal bandmate ... but the various FX forum jams and collaborations in which I have participated have been fun ... and have actually given me an excuse to use my "raft o' gear" to serve a higher purpose than wanking in my practice/recording room.

• Members

Actually, it's funny. (((((Echoechoecho))))) would've been my first choice, at least in my first choice of bands. Him and Thelonius would bring the Britpop quite nicely, I think, and leave me free from having to school anyone on guitar. That's my idea as of late; I want to just sing and play bass. And then when anyone starts talking smack or Ted Nugent shows up and challenges the lead guitarist in my band to a showdown, I can step up to the plate, totally unexpected, and rip off the BLEWZ like no white boy has since Brett Hull.

Otherwise, I've still got to do that triphop thing with JCN, as nobody else hear respects that sort of thing. It'll be HUGE! I'll be getting more play than Beth Gibbons in a dirty Northern England pub bathroom stall. (Did that make any sense? I guess so, as I KNOW I'd get to know Lady Beth just about anywhere!)

Well, Pal and Delorean and I have that editors band, but I'm afraid that it'll turn into too much of a hardcore punk thing, and while I'm not against throwing poo or sticking things in my rear, that's best left to the bedroom. So, if they promise that my monocle and tweed sport jacket will be left un-turded, I'd join up with them.

Speaking of pank rock, Hangwire and I have our surf-punk band all set to go. The New Berlin Firebugs!!!

And speaking of Milwaukee folks, Chadomac....if you're headed down this way and want a songwriting partner or something, I'm now suddenly rather available.

I'll think of more folks and the situations in which I'd like to find myself playing with them, but my final choice for right now would HAVE to be Blaghaus. That stuff I heard from his band a while back just KILLED me.

• Members

None

I don't go for the bull{censored} effects driven noise crap. (That eliminates 99% of HCEF)

I don't need gainster playing the same worn out licks over and over...

I don't need band of thieves scaring people with his ugly ass face

I sure as hell don't want Olle with a truckfull of gear and NO chops. Even if he does bring a group of pre-pubescent asian skanks.

I'm quite happy with the local roster thank god.

:D;)

• Members

How could I forget ginboon?? He'll play tuba, I'll play trumpet ... hell, we're halfway to a kickass brass band!

Wait, this is actually a great idea ... yo, GBM, I haven't seen your new project, but do you wanna try to work out a tune where you switch to tuba and I sit in on trumpet? Lemme know, mang!

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

all of the sudden i REALLY want to listen to the acoustic version of "Swann Street" from the State of the Union comp.
:(

That album made it out there? Wow thought it just stayed in the DC area. I haven't listened to it in ages.

Archived